new cedric interview s3

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/nuestra-entrevista-exclusiva-a-cedric-biscay-vt9523.html?start=1

my favorite segment:

"
It has been said in the past that the development of Shenmue III is a challenge with a certain number of risks. Do you consider that these risks have been decreasing within the progression of development? Or are they still present?

It is true that there were two types of risks when we started.

There was the risk of not reaching our own goals when developing the game, and there was also a purely economic risk, since we had no idea about the reaction the public would have after the announcement of Shenmue III, especially considering that there were no plans to remaster Shenmue I and Shenmue II at that moment.

Regarding the risk on a technical level, we have Yu Suzuki on board, which is a total guarantee of quality in the result. Shenmue is his baby after all and he is taking care of it, or that's what I see everytime I get a development update.
The second risk has been considerably reduced because of the announcement of the Shenmue I and Shenmue II remasters for current platforms, and I trust that this release will consolidate and enlarge the Shenmue fan community. "

High chance as a Game of the year contender possibly?:unsure::sneaky::giggle:

it is clear that I have been completely spoiled regarding Shenmue III. The whole story has been revealed to me

OMG That means one person in Europe knows the truth about Lan Di :eek:

http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/nuestra-entrevista-exclusiva-a-cedric-biscay-vt9523.html?start=1

my favorite segment:

"
It has been said in the past that the development of Shenmue III is a challenge with a certain number of risks. Do you consider that these risks have been decreasing within the progression of development? Or are they still present?

It is true that there were two types of risks when we started.

There was the risk of not reaching our own goals when developing the game, and there was also a purely economic risk, since we had no idea about the reaction the public would have after the announcement of Shenmue III, especially considering that there were no plans to remaster Shenmue I and Shenmue II at that moment.

Regarding the risk on a technical level, we have Yu Suzuki on board, which is a total guarantee of quality in the result. Shenmue is his baby after all and he is taking care of it, or that's what I see everytime I get a development update.
The second risk has been considerably reduced because of the announcement of the Shenmue I and Shenmue II remasters for current platforms, and I trust that this release will consolidate and enlarge the Shenmue fan community. "

High chance as a Game of the year contender possibly?:unsure::sneaky::giggle:

Yu Suzuki-san and company are reported to be sleeping in the studio working nonstop to complete this work of art. They realize this is make or break for the magnum opus.

You could say Deep Silver is knows the deep secrets of shenmue 3... :O

Still, I would advise any of us fans not to get too hyped up about anything Cedric says. I'm not saying he did it intentionally but he has led us on before. Probably because he didn't get any more reliable information himself.

If we read something from Yu himself, or from someone up high enough at Deep SIlver, that's a different story, but I wouldn't place too much importance onto anything Cedric says regarding S3.

Back