New Deadly Premonition 2 trailer

Looks interesting.

Still dont know if I have to play DP 1 or if its just a big trolling by everybody tho

Looks interesting.

Still dont know if I have to play DP 1 or if its just a big trolling by everybody tho

I would say if you really don’t want to play it, to just look up a playthrough or at least all the cutscenes. Can’t say with 100% certainty but there’s a very critical plot point at the end of the first game that may either be spoiled or just not make as much sense going into this one.

Doesn't look great, tbh. But it is the only other game that comes close to the Shenmue vibe, so I'll probably check it out.

Looks interesting.

Obviously I recommend that you don't play it at all, despite the fact I plan to replay it twice for the achievements and get the sequel because I feel the need to finish a series properly.

That said, if you do plan on getting this new one, even I would tell you to play the original first. I'm not a fan of this looking up story on YouTube shit. It's like reading the story of a film on Wikipedia. Just doesn't convey the same experience and ruins everything.

It's never in sale on steam so Idk, maybe if it's on a good offer some day I'll buy it.

About the second game, I dont have a switch anyway but maybe it's on steam someday.

The framerate while skateboarding there looks a little worse than expected, but not something I can’t deal with. Everything else looks better or at least on par. Love the new art direction, characters and dialogue seem just as awkwardly hilarious and interesting, the quality of life improvements in the hud and menu and system are sure to help and it seems overall a better idea to have the town more compact. Judging from screenshots of the map there’s also much more content in general.

It's like... can't they just go with a third party engine ?
Not really sure if I want to see the gameplay trailer tho, don't want to spoil myself.
I think this is also a pivotal game for Swery to see if he was a one hit wonder just another lol so random developer.

If you want more Swery, The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories was a very good and polished, finished game with a good story. The only difference being in scope - it’s a much smaller game, being a 2D platformer rather than this sandbox horror game. Regardless it and what little there was made of D4 proves to me Swery and his team at least know how to write something good.

The video itself there, it’s hard to tell whether it’s side content or not, but it seems like it should be early on and only shows York meeting a few characters and visiting two establishments.

I think the art style, voices and so on is totally fine, its 100% Deadly Premonition style.
Its a little weird that there is absolutely no music in some of the scenes in the beginning
but then the next scenes after that have music.

BUT the framerate in the open world is really really really rough.
I mean thats not even 20 fps. No performance awards for that.
So i guess its possible that the overall framerate on the Switch will be even worse
than the framerate of the DC version of part 1 on PS3.

Am i still interested in the story? YES SIR.

Honestly, though. It actually looks bad. Stack that up next to Shenmue 3 next time someone complains about S3's visuals.

57 *gulp*

I feel kind of bad for Swery. He's RTing everything, including this one:

Last edited:
The frame rate looks bad enough that it'd ruin my enjoyment of the game. I don't get it. Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment.

Ooff look at that frame rate chug!

And yet, I still kind of want to play it -- one day, whenever I get around to playing the first game.

Well, it seems that is has some very good ratings, so that's encouraging.
Let's hope the story and setting hits the high notes of the old game.
I'll buy it, but don't have that much faith for not TBH.
EDIT: I just watched the jim sterling video, and his main gripe is the framerate, that york does "accents" and that there's a big quest about trans acceptance but it wasn't up to his standards (I guess it wasn't wrapped in bacon).
Not sure if I want to buy if it's beating the same dead horse any other AAA game beats.
EDIT2: Sweary stream

EDIT3: The game was made in Unity.
EDIT4: Some people say that the story is even better than the first one, and that's my main drive to get the game, I'll buy it.

Last edited:
Swery chose Shenmue 3 as one of his games of the year in 2019.

Keep that in mind when deciding whether or not to support this great man. He is a very big Yu Suzuki supporter and admirer.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back