New Member Introductions

Hi, I'm staplepuffs from Oregon! I've been a Shenmue fan since a reacquired a Dreamcast in 2005 or so. I had a Dreamcast when it came out, but my brother eventually broke it, so I just moved on to the GameCube by that point >_>

Years later, my father got me another Dreamcast as a gift. He researched the console's great games and picked Shenmue. I was initially skeptical, but I immediately fell in love with the game. Later, my dad imported Shenmue II for me, which I also love. I can't wait to experience the games again on modern consoles.

Aside from Shenmue, I have a variety of interests. I enjoy writing and went to journalism school. I also love vinyl records, exercise, and the pocket knife industry. Let me know if you ever want to play a game on Switch, PS4, Xbox, or Steam!

Last edited:
Name is Scott, been loving Shenmue since 2000. Been the biggest Shenmue fan I know since then but I was disconnected from the community until 2015. Since then I've come to meet so many people that share my passion on all different levels and it's really amazing...

Dreamcast is still my favorite console of all time and I play online regularly. Dreamcast Now ID is Kodama...

Hi everyone, I’m Tino from Brazil (in the old Dojo, I was lorddanilo).
I’m a new Shenmue fan, playing the games since 2016. I meet the series in 2001, but I was only 7 years old and the Dreamcast was borrowed from one of my brother’s friend. A Youtuber oldgamer Velberan reminded me of this fantastic game.
I met the Dojo searching more about the series and until today I try to be part of this community (although speak english not be easy for me, so please, forgive me
:pensive: )

Hi everyone, I’m Tino from Brazil (in the old Dojo, I was lorddanilo).
I’m a new Shenmue fan, playing the games since 2016. I meet the series in 2001, but I was only 7 years old and the Dreamcast was borrowed from one of my brother’s friend. A Youtuber oldgamer Velberan reminded me of this fantastic game.
I met the Dojo searching more about the series and until today I try to be part of this community (although speak english not be easy for me, so please, forgive me
:pensive: )
Welcome! ??? I’m so fascinated how people relatively recently discover and become fans of Shenmue. Since you say you began playing in 2016, what drove you to like the series? ?

Welcome! ??? I’m so fascinated how people relatively recently discover and become fans of Shenmue. Since you say you began playing in 2016, what drove you to like the series? ?

I don’t know. Every single detail of the game looks so incredible. Shenmue 1 has a complex world, good game mechanics and a fantastic story. The way you can live the world, play arcade games, buy potato chips to try the lottery, listen music while wait the bus to the harbor, work, investigate… Everything leads you to live the Ryo’s life, not just control him, and I never had that experience in another game.

Shenmue 2 is my favorite title, despite it haven’t a so living world. The story of the second game has involved me more than the first, and I hope Shenmue 3 brings the great world of first game and the incredible story of the second.

Patrick from London. The new layout is gorgeous - great work by all involved. Still hard to believe all this is real

@Peter hey dude! Very trying times the last couple of months to be honest mate, Shenmue and just about everything has taken a back seat. Am just trying to catch up with all the news but there's been so much of it! Love what you've done with the Dojo, will try and jump into the stream this week. Hope all the hard work on the site hasn't aged you too much! Haha

Shit, mate I'm sorry things have been bad. You should have dropped me a message. Glad to see you back though! Streams have been sensational! We have had people from Sega and Bethesda in, as well as Adam Koralik. Mind-blowing lol

Hi everyone

Long time lurker of these forums and big fan of Shenmue

Peter, sorry for taking so long to make an account :) Love the new look of the Dojo.

Hey hi I'm chaos

Been here since forever. Haven't posted much the past few y ears but still like to check in.

new site looks fantastic btw :love:
Hello my Halo buddy. Do you still play?

Hey, never introduced myself on the old one, have lurked since about 2005, from the UK, currently living in Finland.
Hi all! Liking the new forum!

Hi everyone

Long time lurker of these forums and big fan of Shenmue

Peter, sorry for taking so long to make an account :) Love the new look of the Dojo.

The Sipione reveals himself haaha! Good to see ya bud.

I know you will be busy with the documentary, but try to call in when you can. You will always be welcome here.

Oh and thank you everyone! 4 days and the kind comments show no signs of stopping. I am honestly shocked!

Hi! Played Shenmue 1 around 2000 on my brand-spanking new Dreamcast. Loved it so much I went to a Japanese after-school class where I said a load of stuff that made no sense and made everyone laugh before my teacher then got assaulted by another student. So I quietly let myself out of that drama and went home to play some Shenmue 2 and KOTOR instead.

Back