New Member Introductions

Ahhhhh I remember you bud! Welcome back!

Every time an old face returns, I feel like posting their old image from the gallery in 2010.

Please don't do that. Ever...! ?

Please do now that Mitts says don't.

2f5mqz.jpg

Wow. Yeah, he was.
No clue why that just hit me. Still go there, but it is a tiny shell of a few dedicated members. Can't even recall last time i saw him there..... Eerie...

I chatted with him a bit on messenger today. For some reason he doesn't think he'd be someone that would be remembered anymore which is crazy to me as he was one of the first people I thought of when I saw this topic.

I got the feeling he might be a pass for now when we talked but maybe Hanna speaking with him will be a bit of a push in the right direction.

I'm hoping us reminiscing about these guys etc. doesn't come across as elitist in any way at all, there are loads of great members that have joined since those days, would be great to bring some back during this Shenmue renaissance.

Juanfran was a solid menber of the dojo back im the day i remember meeting ul to give him some tickets to an NFL event over here in the UK.

Hi, I finally registered here. I will probably be half active again. Sometimes writing, often reading. It will be interesting though to see how (or if) things develop for the series and community from now on.

Less teenagery now, and more disillusioned adult. Both who share a love for Shenmue.
Haha, that's a nice way of putting things. Some optimism, pessimism and self knowledge. I can kind of relate to it :LOL:

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm Alex, 32, from the UK, but currently living in Japan.

First played Shenmue on Christmas 2000, and have been a devout fan ever since.

Was on the old Dojo forums, as well, but didn't post often. Planning to have a bit more presence here and will hopefully get to know you all better!

Hey all, I'm Alex, 32, from the UK, but currently living in Japan.

First played Shenmue on Christmas 2000, and have been a devout fan ever since.

Was on the old Dojo forums, as well, but didn't post often. Planning to have a bit more presence here and will hopefully get to know you all better!
Hi Alex, 32 in Japan.
I’m Alex, 32 in Japan..
I’m your American counterpart.

Please tell me you live in Fukuoka now.

Hi Alex, 32 in Japan.
I’m Alex, 32 in Japan..
I’m your American counterpart.

Please tell me you live in Fukuoka now.
Lol, nah, I'm living in Chiba, at the moment. Initially came as a tourist in April, and just spontaneously decided to live here. Applied for a visa and got my residence card last week. Exciting times!

How long have you been living here?

Hi, I finally registered here. I will probably be half active again. Sometimes writing, often reading. It will be interesting though to see how (or if) things develop for the series and community from now on.

Haha, that's a nice way of putting things. Some optimism, pessimism and self knowledge. I can kind of relate to it :LOL:

I'm not going to lie, I kind of a love that a lot of the people returning to this site are all of the same general age and one of the first things that's said is along the lines of "Yeah, teenage me was a damn fool, sorry about that." I love it. The universal truth.

@Jetmcfancy Hehe. In my case, I mostly related to the disillusioned part and the one about liking Shenmue :p

Hey guys,
I've been a longtime lurker to the old dojo (I guess almost from the beginning), and i thought the relaunch might be a good oportunity to finally register here. That and the fact that it is now less than 3 weeks to play my/our favourite game on a modern plattform ;-)
Hope you don't mind my nick (I was surprised it that it was still free ;-) ) but since i managed to use that in PSN Network and XBL, I thought i might give it a try ;-)

Back