New Member Introductions

Hi everyone, Axm here. Maybe you’ll learn more about me in the Shenmue documentary coming out later.
For now, know that I literally got chased by a wild goose in a backyard I was mowing grass for so I could buy Shenmue when I was 15.
Now I’m married to a Japanese wife for 10 years.
Living in Japan combined for 7 years.
And just had a baby boy this year.
Time flies when you’re waiting for Shenmue 3..

Last edited:
Damn, dude. It's been a while! Welcome back! Happy to see you here again after so long.

It’s definately been a while but i’ve always kept tabs on the dojo, i’m sure as is the case for a lot of people other aspects of life take over a lot of your time but to have Shenmue coming back on modern platforms and of course Shenmue III to look forward to i thought now would be an appropriate time to come back and get sweaty!

Does that mean you won't be playing the rereleases and Shenmue 3?! ?
As it currently stands, probably not. I want to, but I'm too cheap to make that kind of investment just to play one game. I'll probably be tempted to take the plunge after I see how much fun all you guys are having. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi everyone, Axm here. Maybe you’ll learn more about me in the Shenmue documentary coming out later.
For now, know that I literally got chased by a wild goose in a backyard I was mowing grass for so I could buy Shenmue when I was 15.

Congratulations!

Hi, I'm Adam and live in the UK. (Formerly known as 'spikyad' from back in 2003?) Joined the forum again when Shenmue 3 got announced but never gave up hope. Glad to be part of such a loyal and strong community as Shenmue 3 never would have happened otherwise.

I am ShenmuTree, known to some as Metatron. YHWH sent me to this realm to hold back the forces of darkness that wish to corrupt it, and all of existence, my most recent form is of a tree, described in some ancient texts as "Yggdrasil" The Tree of life, or again, the ShenmueTree.

Hello everyone,
PILMAN from the old shenmuedojo which I had been there since January 2004 and on the site since 2002.

I live on the gulf coast of Florida, really miss my old city Chicago. My wife is from Bogota Colombia and also a Shenmue fan. I have a 6 month old son and absolutely glad to be a part of this amazing community.

As it currently stands, probably not. I want to, but I'm too cheap to make that kind of investment just to play one game. I'll probably be tempted to take the plunge after I see how much fun all you guys are having. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow. Each to their own, but I need to get out of that fucking cave!

I'm sure we can get another Kickstarter going if you're a bit skint!

Huge congrats on becoming a father! I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

I'm hoping as time goes on more veteran members will stop by even just to leave a small update about how they are doing.

Congrats man! That's awesome to hear.

Wow, welcome back. Good to see you around.

Yo, fellow mega backer. You were a LA dinner backer, right? I was offered the option to go to that dinner instead since it was closer to me, but I had to respectfully decline as I'd already booked my trip to Japan.

LanDC! Always good to see you. Is that limited edition copy I sent you all those years ago still working? I swear if it wasn't fixing your Dreamcast, it was getting your discs to read. :p Good fortune to you, friend.

I'm sure it does, man. I think it's still back in my old home. Several of my Shenmue items are, so take no offence. Moving is a bitch, and there were some things I didn't want to risk getting lost or damaged in the process. I knew it'd be safe there. :) Much appreciated still all these years later!

Oh wow, so awesome to see many faces, new and old. I joined as Shenmaster777 back in 2004. I've gone by that, Plix (an old DOS game, and Supa). I too was a lurker from somewhere around 2002 or 2003, I can't remember. Been a fan since after I beat Shenmue I (parents bought me a copy from a flea market, but sadly it got stolen when my house was broken into a few months ago, along with my original copy of Shenmue II, which I got new from Walmart :/ ).

Oh wow, so awesome to see many faces, new and old. I joined as Shenmaster777 back in 2004. I've gone by that, Plix (an old DOS game, and Supa). I too was a lurker from somewhere around 2002 or 2003, I can't remember. Been a fan since after I beat Shenmue I (parents bought me a copy from a flea market, but sadly it got stolen when my house was broken into a few months ago, along with my original copy of Shenmue II, which I got new from Walmart :/ ).

Okay, I have to know... What's the relevance of the 24? :p

Okay, I have to know... What's the relevance of the 24? :p
It's a television show which I LOVE. I started watching it with my parents at episode 2 (I believe) way back when the first season premiered on Fox, and have watched the rest of the series (including Live Another Day and Legacy) new since! It and The Sopranos are my favorite shows of all time. :)

I graduated high school in 2010 when it had its first series finale. Had been watching since the fourth grade!

I remember you as Supa. That fucking stinks man hope they catch them and you manage to get your things back.
They caught him, and I got a few things back. Total dollar amount of stuff stolen was over $11,000. He was sentenced at the end of June and already has a parole hearing set for October. :rage: Lost several family items as well as most of my Shenmue collection, and other things. Even went so far as to take things like deodarant, toothpaste, and an open box of Q Tips.

They caught him, and I got a few things back. Total dollar amount of stuff stolen was over $11,000. He was sentenced at the end of June and already has a parole hearing set for October. :rage: Lost several family items as well as most of my Shenmue collection, and other things. Even went so far as to take things like deodarant, toothpaste, and an open box of Q Tips.

Oh shit dude. Wish I could help, start a gofundme or something :unsure:

Thanks, I appreciate it. My brother started one for me the night it happened, but unless anyone is really feeling sympathetic, I won't share it (and still won't publicly, don't want to come across as begging). I am a teacher, and my community really helped me out, and I am pretty much back to normal, minus things like family and Shenmue items.

Old member who enjoyed the Dojo(s) from 2001-2003. Hell of a time to be a Shenmue fan then. (…Not unlike now I suppose, with the series finally—and unbelievably—getting a true second chance; crazy!)

The Shenmue 3 announcement brought this account back from the dead essentially. Now, three years later, like everyone else here, I really look forward to seeing what happens next with both franchise and new Dojo.

Back