New Sakura Taisen is an action game

New trailer

Livestream recording, combat footage at 39:36 to 40:45 and 49:57 to 54:50

How does this make you feel? Personally I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I do like turn based strategy, and feel series should generally stay true to what they are. On the other, I like action games even more than I like turnbased strategy and think it looks p dang good. Either way it's day one
on PC if they ever port it, which I think they will
for me.

On one hand...

I'm open to the new change if they pull it off.

Tho I'd had recommended they collab with Platinum games to help make it a top notch action game since it's their bread and butter and they have a history of doing dev work for companies that need that extra polish in action genres.

On the other...

I hope this isn't a switch to style over substance.
Classic Sakura wars was a substance over style kind of game with deep well written characters and setting.

And yes I'll throw a +1 support to send Sega for doing this for the fans(base).

Also, Sega plans to publish their library on PC srsly now that there has been a lot of major support for thier IPs on the PC platform so I'd be surprised if it doesn't come to PC a few months to a year down the road.

I never played any of the originals so I'm kind of interested in checking it out...but it's a bit weird to move it from Turn Based Strategy to action for long time fans I suppose.

The game is a must buy for me since I saw the first Teaser. I am very intersted in the art style and the primise of the game. The Combat System loooks very cool too me. But I am not biased I have to admit. never played the old games, so I feel no nostalgia to the old Combat System.

I am really eager to get into the old games as well. I think there is a Sakura Wars game in English for the Ps2. I will give it a try for sure.

Back