New Shenmue 3 Images from GameInformer - Warning: POSSIBLE DLC STORY SPOILERS

Yea while I hate hew new outfit, the bigger problem is her face, she doesn't look anything like the Shenhua we know. I don't know why Yu did this, the other characters look like who they are suppose to be, but sadly Shenhua doesn't.
1570733960462.png1570733976381.png
He wanted her to look more like the original concept for Shenhua

View attachment 4735View attachment 4736
He wanted her to look more like the original concept for Shenhua
Well, the artists did a terrible job of bringing that desire to fruition if that is the case. Concept art, maybe, but the second image in your comparison looks nothing like Shenhua, old or new, with that longer face, harder features, narrower eyes, Roman nose, and fuller lips.

Well, the artists did a terrible job of bringing that desire to fruition if that is the case. Concept art, maybe, but the second image in your comparison looks nothing like Shenhua, old or new, with that longer face, harder features, narrower eyes, Roman nose, and fuller lips.
I think it kinda does but o k

Based on some of the things Yu has said, I think it's because of a misconception that Shenhua was not a popular character among the fans. But that's just my theory, I wrote about it in another thread.

Yea neither was the game(drumb+cymbal), so that's a rather weak reason. In anycase I doubt they would like Shenhua as a concept ingeneral due to the modern day Japanese society(well, not liked by the males anyway, she is way too proactive, and independent(She jumped into rapids during a major storm to save a doe, need I say more).

I don't think changing her face is going to change that, nor is making her skin two shades lighter(It's true in both Japan, and Chine, lighter skin tends to be seen as better/more appealing, but she wasn't very dark to beginwith).

Hm ok, I think that ship has long since sailed, but that atleast makes some sense(don't understand why her skin is 2 shades lighter though).
That's from the project berkley video, that part was in a sepia tone lol

think a overlooked comment from one of the game informer videos (forget which one) is the fact that they said while space harrier and such werent in Shenmue 3, there were clones of those type of games, apart from the
Chobu-Chan Virtua Fighter clone.

Edit: found it. 54:26.
Cant wait to see what classic sega game clones are in s3.

With how so many people are clamoring Sega for a new Space harrier or Virtua fighter, this will be a good alternative and boost sales. If there is an outrun clone, I'd be lividly hyped.

According to this thread, I think I'm the only person who actually prefers the new Shenhua. I think they did a great job on her face.
You're not alone, don't worry.

Though I'm mainly at this position because of how wildly inconsistent her design has been through concept art, early production materials, CG renders, in-game models, etc - since the beginning of the series. Shenmue III's Shenhua is just another fine addition to the collection, and I don't see the point in being obsessive over the differences.

Back