Nintendo Wii

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Now is time for Nintendo Wii, i have this console in my collection, at that time i bought used with one controller and with the Wii wheel, later i discovered that my Wii is the version that has retrocompatibility with GameCube games, controllers and memory cards.

Looks like after this version Nintendo made a new version of Wii ,and in this version Nintendo didn't putted the retrocompatibility, i love when a console have retrocompatibility.

One of the things i love about Nintendo is that Nintendo always try to innovate with every generation, with Nintendo every generation is really diferent, i'm talking about the design of the console, controllers and things like that, and in my opinion is one of the strongest things about Nintendo, Nintendo always do its own thing and i respect that.

With Wii Nintendo decided to change a lot the experience with the controllers, i really like this idea, i remember when i played Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 with a friend at that time, it was super fun playing this game on the Wii, a completely different experience because on the Wii version we really have to make the movements to do the powers in the game, i really enjoyed this experience, it is one dearest memory i have about the Wii, playing this version with a friend at that time.

In my opinion Wii is a nice console with a different way of playing games, i enjoy Nintendo Wii.

And you? you like Nintendo Wii? you have favorite games? you have dearest memories because of this console?

Here we can talk everything about Nintendo Wii, thank you.

1630271707978.png

Last edited:
I stood in line at Gamestop on launch day to buy a Wii. I sold it 1 month later. The best game that ever hit the Wii was the one in the box at launch. The innovation of the motion controls was cool, but they never made a game where they felt good to use outside of Wii Sports. Wii Sports and Sports Resort are still great to this day, the bowling is incredible and fluid with the motion controls. Everything else I've played on the Wii is a no go with that controller. I don't like Mario or Zelda type games personally but if I did I'd want to play them with a real controller. The classic controller was uncomfortable and felt like a mix between GameCube and SNES controls. Let's be honest, all of the Nintendo based IP games for Wii could have just released on the GameCube. The graphics didn't look any better and the motion controls made adventure and action games unplayable mostly. Also, any multi platform game that was also on 360 or PS3 was always light-years ahead of the Wii version. The controls alone would ruin those games but they often suffer from graphical and down right gameplay reductions. Look at Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on 360 or PS3 and then compare it to the Wii version which was awful, they're literally not even the same game. Mortal Kombat, Tenchu, Splinter Cell all unplayable on Wii with the motion controls. I think Nintendo tried with games like Wii Music which was cute, but is a rental at best, and as I said before the mario/zelda titles would have been better off on GameCube or a console with an actual controller. I dont think Nintendo needed to innovate with the motion controls to stay relevant because Mario and Zelda alone keep them in business no matter how underpowered or inferior their products are to PS and Xbox with every Nintendo console after the N64. Those IPs make money alone. I am grateful though because the two Wii Sports games and the bowling in particular have provided a lot of great fun and exercise in the last 2 years for me. I'm also grateful because I've owned hundreds of Nintendo Wii's, games and accessories over the last 5 years and have made nice money from them as they're my best selling console of all by far. If you're into retro gaming I like that the Wii can be Homebrewed as well if you don't have a decent laptop instead.

For the most part I loved the Wii and next to Switch it may be my overall favorite Nintendo console for both the crazy amount of backwards compatibility as well as being a new way to play games.

First impressions were a little bit sour as Twilight Princess was delayed to add…waggle. Really Nintendo? Didn’t help the base game was kind of bland and awful but that’s not the Wii’s fault. Thankfully much later on they made up for it with the vastly superior Skyward Sword.

Then you’ve got games like Mario Galaxy (and the sequel that seems pretty good from what little I’ve played), Metroid Prime Trilogy which is huge in and of itself, the No More Heroes games, even smaller gems like The Godfather port. I even enjoyed Wii Sports Resort probably more than it really deserved. Much later on I’d give MadWorld a try as well and that was great. Sonic and the Secret Rings might not be high on everyone’s list but at least it wasn’t ‘06 lol. Lastly, in retrospect the Virtual Console was the best online store they’ve had and the new Nintendo Online is complete garbage in comparison unfortunately.

The one or two things I feel the Switch fixed were not having to get new batteries all the time and not having a wire between the controllers. Really wish more Wii games got HD releases now, and it’s been a bit disappointing how many new games don’t bother at all with many of the updated motion or gyro controls or even just HD rumble.

For the most part I loved the Wii and next to Switch it may be my overall favorite Nintendo console for both the crazy amount of backwards compatibility as well as being a new way to play games.

First impressions were a little bit sour as Twilight Princess was delayed to add…waggle. Really Nintendo? Didn’t help the base game was kind of bland and awful but that’s not the Wii’s fault. Thankfully much later on they made up for it with the vastly superior Skyward Sword.

Then you’ve got games like Mario Galaxy (and the sequel that seems pretty good from what little I’ve played), Metroid Prime Trilogy which is huge in and of itself, the No More Heroes games, even smaller gems like The Godfather port. I even enjoyed Wii Sports Resort probably more than it really deserved. Much later on I’d give MadWorld a try as well and that was great. Sonic and the Secret Rings might not be high on everyone’s list but at least it wasn’t ‘06 lol. Lastly, in retrospect the Virtual Console was the best online store they’ve had and the new Nintendo Online is complete garbage in comparison unfortunately.

The one or two things I feel the Switch fixed were not having to get new batteries all the time and not having a wire between the controllers. Really wish more Wii games got HD releases now, and it’s been a bit disappointing how many new games don’t bother at all with many of the updated motion or gyro controls or even just HD rumble.
If they released Wii Sports and Resort on Switch that'd be a license to print money.

I hated the Wii. I will credit it with one thing.... it showed me that I detest motion controls. The system was gifted to me but instead of being used for games, it was quickly turned into the Netflix box. The best game I played on the system was New Super Mario. The motion was minimal and the retro style was well done. The worst game I played on it was Zelda Skyward Sword. The forced motion controls ruined me on Nintendo for a generation and a half. Had Nintendo came out stating that the Switch was also primarily motion control oriented like they did with Wii and Wii-U, I would have skipped Switch as well. Luckily, they showed off the Pro controller with the system reveal showing they didn't focus on motion this time.

Back