PC Gamers...what are you doing?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Chrono Trigger (DS) and Skies of Arcadia (DC)
I don't have a PS4......I refuse to get Epic Games Launcher just from reading reviews online (accounts being hacked/spyware making computer slower). I don't want to wait for the steam version in one year. I'm itching to play Shenmue 3 but I don't wanna play the cracked version because I want to support Yu Suzuki to make more Shenmue games.

Should I just wait it out?....see how the "Epic Games" PC version reviews on this website?...if it runs smoothly and is highly recommended by the dojo I'll consider it.

The Epic game store isn't without its problems and theres some valid criticism out there but its completely unfair to accuse it of being spyware or insinuating your account isn't safe.
People reuse passwords and once a new game launcher... launches , anyone with a combolist will run it through the launcher to see what accounts they can lift, that's why there was so many accounts compromised after launch

If your really against EGS, then buy a cheap PS4. The backer demo ran superbly for everyone on here, it was very well optimised, so I've no reason to doubt the full game.

If you can wait a year then more power to you but frankly there's no way I could.

Don't pirate it because ... that's just not cool. With a series like this every sale really counts. It's not like your sticking it to Activision or EA.

I was originally going to get PC, but opted to switch to PS4 when the EGS announcement happened.
If you don't have a PS4 then really your only option is to go with EGS. It's either bite the bullet and go with EGS to play Shenmue on release, or wait a year for the Steam version and avoid spoilers for the whooooooooooole year. I'd go with the lesser of two evils as it were, personally.

I don't have a PS4......I refuse to get Epic Games Launcher just from reading reviews online (accounts being hacked/spyware making computer slower). I don't want to wait for the steam version in one year. I'm itching to play Shenmue 3 but I don't wanna play the cracked version because I want to support Yu Suzuki to make more Shenmue games.

Should I just wait it out?....see how the "Epic Games" PC version reviews on this website?...if it runs smoothly and is highly recommended by the dojo I'll consider it.
Have had it for over two years now when I first tried Fortnite, never experienced any negatives. Like the poster above said, a bunch of fear-mongering BS.

Installed for the Trial Demo and zero problems

I've had the epic launcher on my PC a long time before shenmue was an exclusive and never encounted any problems.
If you are that worried then make a new gmail to sign up to it.

Hmmmm you guys are good at swaying my decision.....I technically still have to beat Sekiro and replay Shenmue 2 (HD) before tackling Shenmue 3.

Do you think they'll be Black Friday sales? I want to get the Deluxe version for future DLC! Can't believe the wait is over.....it's all sinking in....

Just bite the bullet and get it through Epic Game Store. Once you install through EGS you can add it to your steam library as a non-steam game and play it there. I'm playing Ruiner that way since it was free on EGS last week. This is also a good method to use if you want to use a third party knockoff controller.

Also if you have a subscription to humble bundle(or know someone who does) you can get the deluxe edition with the humble discount for 55 bucks plus tax.

Those issues are rather fake, the spyware is basically the same BS Steam pulls(It's spyware in that sense, there's no actual malware), more accounts get hacked on steam.

As for it slowing down PCs, that's nothing new to steam either, and doesn't that largely depend on the publisher of the game as well.

I hate to have to defend a fucking evil launcher(note everyone of these fake store fronts is evil), but outside of not having a bunch of features most people don't use anyway, there's nothing wrong/dangerous about it, that differs from the steam launch, it really is the same BS as steam.

Bro. Remember the fourth wude. YI. “To act without hesitation, to do the right thing”.

I know Epic Games store sucks but for now this is the only way to support the game on PC. Also I’m pretty sure the game needs as much support as it can get now. But still its your choice.

Sadly it's pretty common even for big programs to have spyware-like attributes.
Hell, just sending usage data is somewhat an invasion of privacy.

It's Shenmue III. I repeat, Shenmue III. This is bigger than a launcher. I built a PC and would have preferred Steam, sure, but again it's SHENMUE III. Think of it as a Shenmue launcher at this rate, it's not life ending. There's no way I'm not enjoying this game at it's highest fidelity at 4K/60 locked because of a launcher. I built this PC for various reasons, but Shenmue III was always in mind. After 18 years I wanted the absolute best experience and I won't let my investment go to waste over a... launcher. If you're on PC you use Discord to be social anyway, not the launchers communications. Download it with the rest of us, you'll be glad you did.

It's Shenmue III. I repeat, Shenmue III. This is bigger than a launcher. I built a PC and would have preferred Steam, sure, but again it's SHENMUE III. Think of it as a Shenmue launcher at this rate, it's not life ending. There's no way I'm not enjoying this game at it's highest fidelity at 4K/60 locked because of a launcher. I built this PC for various reasons, but Shenmue III was always in mind. After 18 years I wanted the absolute best experience and I won't let my investment go to waste over a... launcher. If you're on PC you use Discord to be social anyway, not the launchers communications. Download it with the rest of us, you'll be glad you did.
What do you mean by using Discord?

Back