PC v1.01 patch notes

Favourite title
Shenmue II
The first update is here! Already adresses a large number of issues. Still just PC but a good look at what consoles will get too later.

You have to activate BETA options with the provided code. This isn't an automatic update!
Update is 113.6 MB

https://steamcommunity.com/app/758330/discussions/0/1735462352488015583/

Audio
  • Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
  • Fixed issues with rain.
  • Fixed issues with some sound effects crackling.

UI
  • Fixed incorrect button prompts shown in some QTE events when using mouse and keyboard.
  • Fixed various instances of incorrect help screen text displayed around the game.
  • Fixed duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2.
  • Fixed an issue with 2560 x 1080 UI resolutions.

Controls
  • Fixed inconsistencies when sparring in the dojo.

Graphical Issues
  • Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
  • Fixed issues with hair sometimes rendering slightly transparent.

Miscellaneous
  • The gong in Bunkada Antiques can now be interacted with.

So it's just in beta state right now, right? We can already install it but it's not the definitive, stablest version of the patch yet?

Very quickly dived into it because of "Fixed various issues with controls in arcade games."

Well... they inverted the controls in Space Harrier, wich makes it even more painful to play!
That's it, still no analog in the analog stick, no positioning on the screen with the d-pad and Hang-On doesn't have analog either.

For some reason all the menu text is blue now.

What are the big issues left that are not on that list? Only bug I can think of that other people have mentioned is the clear save file not working sometimes.

Very quickly dived into it because of "Fixed various issues with controls in arcade games."

Well... they inverted the controls in Space Harrier, wich makes it even more painful to play!
That's it, still no analog in the analog stick, no positioning on the screen with the d-pad and Hang-On doesn't have analog either.

what about the free quest music?
and missing qte sounds?
does Excite qte now registers well when asks to press UP?

I'm finding people talking about this really strange, when I'm playing space harrier its definitely analog controls for me, I can smoothly move the guy into specific sections of the screen.. it's not all or nothing.. am I misunderstanding something?

Finally! I can get back into QTE Title 2. :D

Blue text has sorted itself out after restarting.

I only have analog controls working on the right stick for both Space Harrier and Hang-On. I'm pretty sure there were none even there before. I don't know how all others have always had this regardles of version?
Still, the big point lies in the lack of proper d-pad controls for Space Harrier!

And I really don't get what they were thinking with inverting the controls. Should also mention that the option to switch to them by holding A, X and Y is also still missing, wich is even more problematic now

I don't find any improvement in the sound of the arcade games either. Still tons of reverb and Hang-On is still stuttery.

Blue text has sorted itself out after restarting.

I only have analog controls working on the right stick for both Space Harrier and Hang-On. I'm pretty sure there were none even there before. I don't know how all others have always had this regardles of version?
Still, the big point lies in the lack of proper d-pad controls for Space Harrier!

And I really don't get what they were thinking with inverting the controls. Should also mention that the option to switch to them by holding A, X and Y is also still missing, wich is even more problematic now

I don't find any improvement in the sound of the arcade games either. Still tons of reverb and Hang-On is still stuttery.
what about the freequest music?

Did this fix the loud footsteps in Ryo's room?

D3T updated their thread. They posted the Patch v1.02 notes (that they are currently working on for next week. Here are the actual beta notes that are in the new beta branch:

Patch v1.01

Audio
  • Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
  • Fixed issues with rain.
  • Fixed issues with some sound effects crackling.

UI
  • Fixed incorrect button prompts shown in some QTE events when using mouse and keyboard.
  • Fixed various instances of incorrect help screen text displayed around the game.
  • Fixed duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2.
  • Fixed an issue with 2560 x 1080 UI resolutions.

Controls
  • Fixed inconsistencies when sparring in the dojo.

Graphical Issues
  • Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
  • Fixed issues with hair sometimes rendering slightly transparent.

Miscellaneous
  • The gong in Bunkada Antiques can now be interacted with.

I just jumped in to test some of it, and noticed a huge improvement in the Free music. So much louder and no cracking. Went straight to the QTE 2 to try it out, and noticed that it was bugged after a while. It was showing me empty prompts. Also noticed that the Decision window (choices window) was not sliding completely off the screen once you have made a choice.

Have videos of both, so will send them over to D3T.

Patch v1.02 is aimed for next week, which is great news. Shows how dedicated they are to fixing it all up (and quickly)!

D3T updated their thread. They posted the Patch v1.02 notes (that they are currently working on for next week.
Well that sure clears some things up and calms me down. Good stuff, gonna update the OP to reflect this.

They are already booting us out? That sucks!

But yes, the gong works and so does Excite QTE 2, played up to the point where it introduces Y commands.

Their notes on those machines are rather confusing. Seems they have trouble telling the two machines apart.
It now only mentions "duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2", that sounds like it is from the actual QTE Title boxing machine.
The notes don't say "Fixed issues with QTE Title 2 showing incorrect directional arrow prompts" for v1.01 anymore but that has clearly been done to the game. Hmm...

Back