Please Let Me Know When There's a Mod that Slows Down the Load Times

Ceej

Been here longer than you
I would totally download a mod that slows down the load times to 30 seconds and plays some Dreamcast Noises during scene transitions. Give it to me!! :p:p

I'd like to see something like that as well, maybe with a variable user-defined time. I don't need a full 30 seconds, but just a little bit to appreciate the loading screen and get that Dreamcast-sound nostalgia would be neat!

I don't want joke threads on this forum , community modding should be taken seriously. I also think we could have a 'suggestion and ideas thread'

Yes there are funny mods, but filling up a useful resource section with nonsence is highly frustrating and messes up search results for future modders, lets fill it up with knowledge not dumb twitter posts

There are people who want tne longer loading times, both for nostalgia and to be able to read the location names. I'm not one of them. But I do remember a few people in the old forums having a mild panic attack at the thought of short loading times. Just because it's not something you're personally interested in doesn't make it frivolous. If you're not into the idea, and you want these threads to be searchable and useful, you should just not clog it up with your comments.

Let me just chime in here. We want the Dojo to accommodate to all modders, be it if they choose to make quirky mods or otherwise. If somebody actually wants to make the mod requested in the OP then they are more than welcome to share it here.

The loading screens in Shenmue really are an iconic part of the game so if they are flashing past without even giving you time to take in the information presented, like people seem to be saying, I could understand where the OP is coming from.

How something like this should work, instead of increasing loading times, is to add a button press to exit the loading screen.
That way the people who might want to take their time reading every loading screen/bask in nostalgia can have at it and the people who want to be speed demons can blaze right thru the menu with a simple tap of the A button(or X or whatever it is now).

But I haven't played the re-releases yet so I don't know. Is it really that fast?

For 20 years, people have complained about slow loading screens and noisey Dreamcasts, but @Ceej and @ShinChuck want it back! Nostalgia is a funny thing.

It is! I don't know everything I ever said and so I can't say I never complained about the load screens, and I'm certainly for options to eliminate them or keep them short. I just want a long enough pause to digest the info and get the first few beats of music to play and set the tone for the area. For me, that was a notable part of the whole Shenmue experience.

The Dreamcast noise is purely nostalgia though! The noise never particularly bothered me, but all the same, I don't have a practical reason for wanting it! :LOL:

I don't want joke threads on this forum , community modding should be taken seriously. I also think we could have a 'suggestion and ideas thread'
Yikes dude

Back