Podcasts

Jetmcfancy

Used to be Cyclonus
I was personally curious as to what,podcasts people listen to. They're one of my main go to's when it comes to having downtime and are great for a commute into work, I've found. So I'm always happy to hear recommendations for new Podcasts that might be of interest to me and hopefully others. Even if people just list what they listen to it would be nice to have a little archive that people could dip into for recommendations.

Some that I particularly enjoy are...

You Must Remember This.- A storytelling podcast about the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood’s first century. Distributed by Panoply from Slate Magazine, the podcast is the brainchild of Karina Longworth, who writes, narrates, records and edits each episode in her home. This podcast is a heavily-researched work of creative nonfiction. Every reasonable attempt is made at accuracy, but quite often when it comes to the kinds of stories we explore here, between conflicting reports, conscious and unconscious mythologizing and institutionalized spin, the truth is murky at best. That’s kind of what the podcast is, ultimately, about.

Shock Waves- Just a podcast about horror movies that I really love.

Myths & Legends- Does what it says on the tin, just retells a lot of myths and legends from different cultures.

The Adventure Zone- A dungeons & Dragons podcast which can be very funny at times, as well as sad. I didn't think that people playing D&D in podcast form could be so entertaining.

E&C's Pod Of Awesomeness- As a general fan of wrestling I couldn't leave them out mainly because the two are very funny, have great chemistry and provide really interesting interviews with people from all eras of wrestling.

I mean, I've linked to all of these but if you use Spotify then you will most likely find them on there as well. But please, by all means share some of your favourites because it's always great to discover something new to listen to!

Back