Pokémon

Anyone here a fan? The only games I have played and completed were red and one of the remakes (leaf green I think). I have not even finished the first season of the TV series. With Sword and Shield coming and me looking for a reason to play my Switch, I am considering getting the game, Main thing that puts me off is that there is so many more Pokemon now and a lot, if not most, of the new ones I see look pretty shit.

I am a fan of the games for the competitive aspect since I take joy in raising competitive teams. The story up until Sun and Moon was becoming redundant (Though I did enjoy Platinum’s story) and the gameplay is inconsistent between generations. Instead of building on the elements Gamefreak introduced in a previous Generation or Generations they scrap them in favor of new ones.

I never got into the card game or the manga and the anime has become nothing more than a commercial for the current generation of games. When Takeshi Shudo was in charge, the anime had it’s own unique identity and was targeted towards all ages. Sadly that’s not the case anymore.

Last edited:
Back