Post Your Gaming Soundtracks/Vinyls/etc

@danielmann861 yeah was browsing around a bit already and as you said it can be quite expensive indeed. Cds are definitely the more economical way way to go. Especially the Shenmue vinyl stuff seems to be really expensive. That is a pity because Shenmue was my first choice to start. The Resident Evil stuff is a bit cheaper and make good collection item too. I think I will start with it than check out if as starting point to check out if vinyl is something for me or not. I am curious about it .
To be fair, even if you do snap it up first hand, vinyl can still be pretty pricey...I plopped down $120 AUD for the Tekken Tag Tournament Soundtrack on Vinyl just recently.

I honestly try to limit my vinyl spending these days. The occasional gaming soundtrack and maybe a new release album here and there for a band I might happen to like but yeah, even at it's cheapest I'm paying somewhere around $49 to $59 AUD for the most basic of new albums in store.

In some ways it is a bit of a joke...especially when my parents tell me how much they were paying for vinyl in their day. So I do mix it up and still tend to buy more CDs than Vinyl really...Vinyl I tend to save for special occasions or just stuff that I really like.

Whenever I go out to pawn shops or charity shops now I tend to look around for vinyl...2nd hand book stores and op shops are fantastic for finding vinyl just because they generally have no idea how much vinyl can go for and are usually selling cheap to get rid of stuff.

The other week I grabbed The Simpsons - "Do the Bartman" 7 inch single, A Sisters of Mercy album, November Rain 7 inch single and a 12th man album (Australian comedian) for like $20 total from a local op shop.

That's become my new hobby of sorts...just trawling local shops and seeing if I can find anything here and there on the cheap.

But yeah, this is just me prattling on. It's just funny how expensive it can be at times. My parents look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I spent $120 on a vinyl.

C0A649F8-8D23-4386-B566-B72357E9E661.jpeg

one more to add to the collection. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya soundtrack. Went a bit Ghibli nuts lately

Saw the Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake vinyl on sale a lot recently and couldn't pass it! Don't regret it either it sounds fantastic! I would have also liked the Silent Hill 3 one but it was sold out but this more than makes up for it!

Last edited:
My Final Fantasy X Vinyl Set has arrived!
FFXVINYLIN.JPG

Very pleased with it - I do have a problem however! They've released a set for VII, VIII & now X... But there is nothing for Final Fantasy IX So, I have taken it upon myself to pitch a sales concept for S-E on how it should be done! It was hard to condense 110 tracks down to 30 but I think I have done the task justice:

Oh, to follow up on my Final Fantasy IX video plead - They did the thing!

Not to far off my vision, lacking some of the late Disc 2/Outer Continent sections but overall very good!

RHCPUL2022.JPG
Also, it's rare that I heard of a band I know and like releasing new content, well the Red Hot Chili Peppers are back and on decent form!

Back