Post Your Personal Top 10 Gaming lists!

/\ witcher 3 is the only game ive ever bought all the dlc for. its a great game.
the only sad thing is that i missed out on the first 2 games.
That is precisely why I have not played it, I refuse to start a series in any other order than the beginning. I had to wait 4-5 years for Mass Effect 1 to arrive on the PS3, refusing to settle for ME2's digital comic compromise - Which I am still glad I did!

As for the Witcher, I even have the 2nd title on 360, but sadly still have no method to play the 1st title as I lack a competent PC to run it :p

I've heard Witcher is one franchise where it doesn't really matter if you begin at 2 or 3.

I've heard the same, but I also refuse to play TW2 or TW3 without playing TW1 through first. There's a few exceptions to my rule of "start at the beginning," but not too many in the grand scheme of things.

I played it without knowing anything. Now I'm with the 2. Guys the 1 it's so hard to play, you have to do it with mouse and kewyboard, no joystick allowed it so... I just watched a walkthrough.

It's not necesary to play the previous games, but if you do it, better bc obviouslly you will miss some parts that are like "hey, remember me? I'm that character of The witcher 2, how ya doin?".

But I insist, if somebody didnt entered to the world of Witcher (3), just do it. Please. Beg you. Do it. Right now. Don't ask just do it.

Do it then! It's super cheap on steam.
Aha, I would if I had a newer computer! My fear is that I'll play through 1 and 2, but by the time I get a computer good enough to play TW3 at settings that I think the game likely deserves, I'll have forgotten things from 1 and 2! Don't worry, though, I'll definitely get to it not long after I eventually get the computer for a new computer.)

Holy, we need to get the money to buy him a computer. RED CODE GUYS, RED CODE, THIS IS NOT A FALSE ALARM.

Holy, we need to get the money to buy him a computer. RED CODE GUYS, RED CODE, THIS IS NOT A FALSE ALARM.
See, my pride is not an issue. I am not opposed to taking other people's money for a new computer. :p The more money I can save up for my big move to another country, the better, I say. ;)

Besides Shenmue (it's a little niche for this forum), these are the ten Dreamcast games for which I hold a deep nostalgia.
In no rigid order:

1. Worms World Party
(I spent too much time playing this online and with high school buddies)

2. Phantasy Star Online
(I am utterly enamored by the soundtrack, and keep up with some people I met on there to this day)

3. Toy Commander
(great single/multiplayer mix and decent content)

4. Power Stone 2
(like Toy Commander, lots of content and magnificent multiplayer)

5. Stupid Invaders
(I'm not a point and click guy, but I found that game witty enough as an 11 year old. If nothing else, it led to my purchasing a Dreamcast mouse, which upped my Quake III Arena game against my brother)

6. NFL 2K
(Shenmue fans and sports fans rarely overlap, but the effort made by Sega Sports really reminds me of the excellence of those final console years. I also have a soft spot for NHL 2K2, the final DC game released in North America)

7. Metropolis Street Racer
(another solid soundtrack and very tight controls: I hadn't been so impressed by graphics until Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.)

8. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
(I prefer the aesthetic of Jet Grind Radio in itself, but I played this more often with the buddies. Tough call)

9. ChuChu Rocket!
(solid online play; in some deranged way, I prefer Sega Swirl, though)

10. Sonic Adventure
(this game inaugurated my deep love of multiple musical genres and cats with severe physical defects)

Special mentions: Sega Bass Fishing and MDK2.
So too, my mother bought Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness and WSB 2K1 for me even though she didn't have a lot of cash at the time, so I subjectively (if not irrationally) appreciate them for that reason as I've grown older.

1. Shenmue (I consider the first two games as one big game)
  2. Street Fighter Alpha 3
  3. Garou Mark of the Wolvies
  4. King of Fighters 98
  5. Fighters Megamix
  6. Chrono Trigger
  7. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix
  8. Final Fantasy VI
  9. Ryu Ga Gotoku 5
  10. Mario 3

I decided to go for Top Ten games within games. I personally classify this as a game or mini game that was created to exist alongside the main game itself. So for instance, I would include Lucky Hit from Shenmue 2 but not something like Space Harrier.

10. Kirby’s Adventure-Quick Draw
Really fun, really tense, arguably a better representation of the wild west than RDR? It’s just really fun. Give it a go.

9. Shenmue 2- Lucky Hit
Would YOU like to try a game of lucky hit? I don’t know why it appealed to me so much, but it was my favourite way of making money in the game and I loved how I’d get sucked in to thinking this random, inconsequential game of lucky hit was more important in that moment than avenging Ryo’s father’s death.

8. Red Dead Redemption 2- Poker
I apparently have a real fondness for card games that this list will probably show. But yeah, I had a habit of playing Poker in RDR2 more than the actual game itself. Me and that one bloke with the beard had a real poker rivalry going on...he always seemed to get the upper hand.

7: Super Smash Bros. Melee- Home-Run Bat
It’s just fun to beat up that sand bag and watch how far you can punch it. There’s just something genuinely satisfying about it.

6. Yakuza- Karaoke
I just...really like the karaoke mini-game.

5. Final Fantasy VII- Chocobo Racing
I mean...come on. The music, the tension...the chocobos. What’s not to love.

4. Super Monkey Ball- Monkey Target
I loved the skill involved with trying to make your monkey glide and land on the highest points total. I tend to love anything where I can create a fictional tournament in my head and this definitely fit that criteria.

3. Virtua Tennis- Pin Crusher
It’s so good. Getting a strike with your serve felt so good.

2. Witcher 3- Gwent
Much like in RDR2 I spent way more time just playing Gwent instead of the actual game itself. Even if I didn’t fully, completely understand what I was doing in every single match I still really loved it. In fact I’m kind of shocked that I haven’t bought Gwent by itself.

1. Final Fantasy IX- Tetra Master
To be completely honest I’m kind of shocked that I never ended up becoming one of those MTG players for the sheer amount of collectable card games I’ve loved in video games. But I loved Tetra Master so much that I downloaded a game version of it on my phone to play. Loved the monsters, a lot of happy childhood memories revolve around FFIX and wasting hours on this mini-game in particular.

This top ten list seemed like a great idea at the time until I got about half way through..

The Definitive Top Ten Games Beginning With M That I've Played And Can Think Of Right Now:

1. Mario Kart 8
  2. Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament
  3. Micro Machines
  4. Mortal Kombat: Deception
  5. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
  6. Mario Kart 64
  7. Mappy
  8. Mickey Mania
  9. Mirror's Edge
  10. Monic the Medgemog 3 (& Muckles)

Back