Project Update #97: MAGIC 2019 Participation Info

MAGIC 2019: Participation Info

日本語はこちら

Hello Everyone,

Following last year’s participation in the Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (MAGIC), Director Yu Suzuki will once again be attending this year’s event in Monaco held Saturday, March 9th!

The press conference for the event took place February 7th as many of you may have already seen, but for those of you who haven’t, please read on!

e3bca3d427e91ab8f392c6216196b5af_original.jpg

MAGIC is presented by Shibuya Productions and their CEO, Cédric Biscay, a co-producer of Shenmue III. The event which is five years running hosts “conferences and round tables with famous international authors, game designers, producers, writers and illustrators”, as well as gaming, manga and cosplay contests.

As this is MAGIC’s 5th Year Anniversary, there are a variety of events planned for the occasion. And of course the latest Shenmue III news will be unveiled! A special MAGIC ✕ Shenmue III T-shirt will be available for the event, so be sure to follow along at the official MAGIC site and Twitter for more information.

Shenmue III screenshots from the press conference!

s3_magic_2019_02_two-odkbk.jpg

Two against the mystery

s3_magic_2019_01_lookfbkbk.jpg

Looks like a elephant

The Shenmue III team is one for all in getting ready for a good show! Thank you as always for your support!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they'll have something special planned for Update #100...which will probably be post-Magic, I guess

I'm wondering if they'll have something special planned for Update #100...which will probably be post-Magic, I guess

Looking at last year MAGIC and Kickstarter updates, there has been one to announce Yu Suzuki attending the event and one right after the event sharing the screenshots revealed during the conference, with the backers.

I can imagine that this year, there could be one update regarding material revealed during Yu Suzuki dedicated Shenmue III conference (would be #99) and another one (would be #100) with the new, upcoming trailer that may be released during the Crazy Time, around 5pm CET. That would be pretty cool ^^

Hoping for the best, as always. Let's see what they have in store for us.

I'm pretty confident that at the very least they won't do anything even remotely as atrocious as last year's Magic.

Well, he's a 31-year-old Asian man who clearly has good physical health habits (not so good emotional/psychological health).

Back