PS4 Controller - Battery Replacement Advice

Hi, I've had a PS4 controller tank on me recently so I wanted to see if I could fix it, I remembered I had another controller with a jammed up button so decided to open them both to replace the battery:
PS4CONBAT.JPG
I then find out that the batteries have different ports to where they plug in on the controllers! Ones thicker than the other. The problem now is that I wantto buy another battery but no idea how to identify the bigger and smaller plug in pieces - i want the smaller one (One on he right). Any tech-savy members have any advice on this?

Hi, I've had a PS4 controller tank on me recently so I wanted to see if I could fix it, I remembered I had another controller with a jammed up button so decided to open them both to replace the battery:
View attachment 9216
I then find out that the batteries have different ports to where they plug in on the controllers! Ones thicker than the other. The problem now is that I wantto buy another battery but no idea how to identify the bigger and smaller plug in pieces - i want the smaller one (One on he right). Any tech-savy members have any advice on this?
Do the DS4 controllers have differing model numbers? That could be a starting point?

The paper wit hthe details has rubbed off the Dualshock I'm wanting to repalce the Battery for. I know it is the controller I got with the PS4 Pro back in 2016 As I got it in prep for Final Fantasy XV.

Bloody typical lol. I wonder if you can do it by PS4 Pro model number and see what model DS4 it shipped with.

Might be also worth asking Sony what the model of the battery is?

DS4 controllers made in 2016 and later use different batteries than ones made in 2014 and 2015.

I know you said that the paper with the model info was rubbed off, but if your controller was made in 2016 or later (with the lightbar in the touchpad), then look for a battery compatible with model number CUH-ZCT2 or CUH-ZCT2U.

Thanks for the advice!

I replaced the battery with the correct version but the controller still doesn't want to connect beyond 5 seconds... I've deleted the device off the PS4 and even been able to register it again but after 5 seonds it shuts off... I'm stumped on this one.

Back