PSA: Steelbooks are being sold separately at Best Buy

SplashBreeze

Guest Blog Writer
Favourite title
Shenmue
Don't know if this has been posted yet, as I've been doing like else than playing Shenmue 3 and tuning out the rest of the world, but in case not I want people to know:

I went to Best Buy today to pick up my preorder and noticed they were selling the steelbooks separately on the shelf for $19.99. There were about 6 on the rack.

They seeemed really confused last night when I didn't want to pick up my preorder but wanted to buy the steelbook separately (a little tight on cash and the Kickstarter arrived first, I also have the LRG Edition) but eventually it worked out. It scans for $19.99 so just ask them to scan it. It was not available on the shelf (in fact I only saw one copy of Shenmue 3 there) but in store pick up section, there were a stack of Shenmue 3's and steelbooks.

I ordered a copy of the game on their website and wanted it shipped but at checkout it said I had to pick up the steelbook at an actual store. We don’t have a Best Buy here but there’s one an hour away and we happen to be going there Sunday anyway.

Got an email saying the steelbook is ready for pickup.

Can confirm that there was a shelf displaying Shenmue 3 steelbooks at my store.
(Managed to snag the last one....and exchange it for the dented one that I got as part of my pre-order (y))

Managed to get one from Game UK, as the employees there weren't told what to do with them after the preorders have passed (they can't sell them)

Last edited:
Managed to get one from Game UK, as the employees there weren't told what to do with them after the preorders have passed (they can't sell them)
Did you buy Another Standard Edition copy of the game to get it? I had a really hard time with my GAME store in obtaining this.

I can see it being 10 bucks but that's kind of ridiculous! You're better off spending the 60 bucks and owning another disk..

Back