[Question]about UE4 moding

hello ,everyone ! i have a quesion about ue4 moding
before somone said watch this tut videos could be understand how to moding.
but..still have some problem on my moding lol (it's my first time mod UE4,maybe this is a big problem)

first say my step ,hope someone can understand my broken english.
1:download any fbx from internet.
2:input to current ue4 project (4.20.3).
3:content path>Content\char\Adventure\RYO\Meshes\Body\000_00\SK_RYO_F000_00
4:after input fbx no do anything then push "package project >win64"
5:repak "Content" by u4pak.py
6: put the "NewMod.pak" to "~mods" test
*only test 000_00*

failed02.jpg

my problem is why still keep T-pose? forget set someting ? (than you watch to this,i love shenmue)

1:download any fbx from internet
my problem is why still keep T-pose? forget set someting ? (than you watch to this,i love shenmue)

You need to make sure that your new model uses the same skeleton as the one you're trying to replace. If you're sure the skeleton is the same and matches properly then you might be packaging the new skeleton and/or PhAT assets in your mod PAK file.

You need to make sure that your new model uses the same skeleton as the one you're trying to replace. If you're sure the skeleton is the same and matches properly then you might be packaging the new skeleton and/or PhAT assets in your mod PAK file.
thank you ,is it mean i need extract skeleton from "SK_RYO_F000_00 of original" and repalce to projetct then package project again ? (sorry ,really don't know how to set skeleton to matches)

have any quickly method to swap skeleton/bone?
You need to overlap your new skin mesh with Ryo's Skin,
then highlight Ryo's vertices and attach the new skin to the original skin
and then delete Ryo's highlighted vertices (without deselecting them)

Thats what I used to do for GTA:SA I dont know if there is a better way of doing it for Shenmue3,
There are lots of skinning tutorials on youtube, Perhaps someone will make a Shenmue 3 modding tutorial...

There isn't a need for a tutorial. It's just standard 3D Animation/Modelling concepts you need to apply.

You need to replace the bones you have "CC_Base_BoneRoot" etc for "root" and so on. You can use Skin Wrap via 3ds Max, but you still need to know how to properly rig characters in order to be able to get something looking decent.

Back