Questions following first playthrough *spoilers*

Hi. I loved the feeling of this game but was disappointed with the abrupt ending. Longtime fan of the series and hope we get 4. Loved seeing my name in the backer credits.

A few things I'm thinking of before restart:

- Has anyone experimented with phone calls at different parts of the plot? I got the extra bit from Joy once meet Ren but can you get extra out of Tom, perhaps after speaking to 'nice lady from the boat' at the prize exchange towards end of game? can you get Guizhang talking about the red snakes?

- So I exhaustively talked with Shenhua every night but paper/rock/scissors didn't seem to influence anything? Tried losing/winning/drawing sequences but she never gets bored so gave it up after first ten days or so. What's the point of face off? Is Shenhua's routine regular in the early stage of the game? Lots of NPC's give extra dialogue when she is in tow. Worth following her around?

- I was strongly in the 'jacket on' camp for first playthrough but now I'm going to experiment with wardrobe. Is there any dialogue linked to the extra outfits? I made one exception when proudly wore my niaowu fishing t-shirt for a day but was unhappy that no one wanted to talk about it.

- Is it possible to even land a hit on Lan Di? I had fully maxed Kung Fu and had beat all available arena fights but the final showdown ended quickly even though I still had green health.

- did anyone find any use for items such as mysterious scroll or the amulet from elder yeh? I didn't get to show these to anyone but I'm wondering if worth showing more items to the masters (maybe as offerings to our drunken rooster pal at the temple)?

- surely there is some follow up scenes from the re-trigger-able hotel owner scenes viewed from the third floor balcony. Does she ever leave the hotel apart from these scenes?

- Rens pot thing. Was there any significance to this beyond 'getting one over' on ren? The 270 yen wasn't significant to me in that point of the game and felt like missing something. Also, do any other NPCs mention that sidequest after? I speeded up a bit after this to try get to some red snakes action.

I was in dreamland when playing in Bailu and think they nailed the feeling of the early games. Loved fishing, exploring for herbs and trying to rinse as much dialogue as I could out of the game. However, that approach killed Mr su's tall tales and he is obviously a total dude so that's number one on my list to get done.

I spent a lot of time on Kung Fu rather than extras in niaowu but then agreed with the majority that the ending was just too abrupt and easy to complete so it did sour the general experience a little. However overall I can't wait to replay and I'm sure there must be stuff still hidden in the game.

Congratulations on completing the game. I think many of us had similar feelings when first completing the game. While some of those opinions have softened and I like the game a lot, I think some of those fundamental issues remain.

A lot of questions you pose unfortunately will have unsatisfactory answers as the game was made under enormous financial strain, and the attention to detail that was so prevalent in original games was scaled back and there arguably isn’t as much depth or hidden elements as prior games.

So I exhaustively talked with Shenhua every night but paper/rock/scissors didn't see to influence anything? Tried losing/winning/drawing sequences but she never gets bored so have it up after first ten days or so. What's the point of face off? Is Shenhua's routine regular in the early stage of the game? Lots of NPC's give extra dialogue when she is in tow. Worth following her around?

Shenhua does indeed have a schedule and while the affinity system is there in some respects (based on how you regularly engage with conversations with her it will affect how Ryo will wake up) it appears heavily scaled back from the way Suzuki originally talked about. The mini game seems like a fun distraction and doesn’t seem to have any impact on events or your relationship.

I was strongly in the 'jacket on' camp for first playthrough but now I'm going to experiment with wardrobe. Is there any dialogue linked to the extra outfits? I made one exception when proudly wore my niaowu fishing t-shirt for a day but was unhappy that no one wanted to talk about it.

I could be wrong but I believe it’s purely a cosmetic change. Outside one part of the story DLC I don’t think characters comment at all on your attire.

Is it possible to even land a hit on Lan Di? I had fully maxed Kung Fu and had beat all available arena fights but the final showdown ended quickly even though I still had green health.

This is scripted event and I believe it’s impossible to hit him, similar to your first engagement with Xuxing as an example.

Back