Questions pertaining to trophy completion.

I'm on my first playthrough, currently I'm still in Bailu village, I'm almost at the end of the Bailu section. I know this because I already made it to the next area and decided to come back once I realised it was a point if no return and I had unfinished business in Bailu. I'd like to clear up here but there's a few things I'm unsure of, so please advise if you can.

1.Regarding herbs, I understand for example if I do not complete all Bailu herbs in my first run, I could finish them up in new game + correct? There's 3 herb trophies, Bailu, the next area and then one for completing both sets. The both sets trophy, does that need to be done in one run?

2. Regarding side quests, I understand now obviously there's a point of no returning to Bailu, but that aside, are there any that are missable whilst IN Bailu as the story progresses? I'm concerned as I'm on the fishing stamp quest but have not done the competition, should that have come first? And is there a full list of quests and quest givers please?

3. Are there items obtainable in Bailu that are required and unobtainable in the next area?

4. Fishing spots, a trophy for completing all spots, can you list all spots including unlockables and which side quest each unlockables is tied to? Do both sets of spots need to be cleared in one playthrough for the adept angler (fished in all spots) trophy?

I appreciate you sharing any knowledge already built. Thanks in advance!

1. Yes you can come back and collect on NG+- doesn't need to be done in one run

2. I think you may have to do the fishing comp quest first yes. List of Bailu quests in order:

Capsule Of Love - Bai Qinghao (little kid practising Tai Chi)
The Biggest Catch - the fishing competition
Heartbreak Kung Fu - Yan Wei Lian (guy stood in Joy Park)
Future Dream - Zhi Mao - little kid in Panda market
Medicine Deliver - Elder Yeh (old blind lady who hums)
Mr Su's Tall Tales - Mr Su - he's up in Sunset hill. Listen to one story per day for 3 days
Catfish Rally - Fishing Stamps
Miracle Mushroom - Kong Mei - the lady who owns the Panda Market Shop
Ghost Buster - the kids in Sunflower Grove
Fabled Fabric - Ding Jinquin - the pawn shop guy

I'm afraid I believe you story points will shut these down. I did it by speaking to everyone after every single story beat and eventually getting the list above. Managed not to miss any on my first playthrough

3. The only thing off the top of my head is the toy you can win at the lucky hit stand? Possibly some of the other prizes but I don't think it will lock you out trading for a skill book (you can buy most of them if you have enough money). You can also buy some of the prizes at token exchange. THe only thing I haven't seen for sure in Niaowu is the Toy you can win from the lucky hit stand in Bailu. Most things you will come across in the second area and none of the capsule toys are missable.

4. Are you just after Bailu?

Lake 1 - left of fishing shop
Lake 2 - other side of lake
Sunflower Grove - small lake, usually the fat guy is fishing here
Stream 1 - down river from verdant bridge
Stream 2 - upriver from verdant Bridge
Pond to the left after going past panda market - Reward for Future Dream
River down the hill from Sunflower Grove - reward for Miracle Mushrooms

Pretty sure that's it. In the second area:

Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal
2. Behind Warehouse (Hidden)
[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.
[Blossom Streete]
4. Behind Save Shenmue Building
5. Behind Save Shenmue Building
[Fisherman Dock]
6. On the first pier. (coming from vendor avenue)
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.
[Senary Street]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine
11. Behind first part of the shrine building
12. Behind second part of shrine building (Hidden)

In terms of missing items, magnifying glass, red radio and blue dragon vase. These items are needed to trade for skill books that can’t be purchased for cash and are only available in Bailu.

You’ve probably already missed quests and all quests need to be done on a single playthrough, so you’ll need a second run unless you have all ten quests completed (some of them are unavailable at the end of Bailu and needed to be completed at earlier points in the story).

You should also set a high score on the four machines that allow you to do so in the Bailu arcade (the 2 QTE games and both whack a mole cabinets).

In terms of missing items, magnifying glass, red radio and blue dragon vase. These items are needed to trade for skill books that can’t be purchased for cash and are only available in Bailu.

You’ve probably already missed quests and all quests need to be done on a single playthrough, so you’ll need a second run unless you have all ten quests completed (some of them are unavailable at the end of Bailu and needed to be completed at earlier points in the story).

You should also set a high score on the four machines that allow you to do so in the Bailu arcade (the 2 QTE games and both whack a mole cabinets).
what about the mini soccer ball, the Block racing car and the Plush Clown Doll? I don't think i've seen those in Niaowu either? Also going back through it, the bird carving. And I can't remember it's either the boots or the leather shoes that are a quest reward - can you get both of those in Niaowu?

what about the mini soccer ball, the Block racing car and the Plush Clown Doll? I don't think i've seen those in Niaowu either? Also going back through it, the bird carving. And I can't remember it's either the boots or the leather shoes that are a quest reward - can you get both of those in Niaowu?
I collected all of the moves that could be traded or bought from shops with the exception of the three that require those three items.

The leather boots can be bought from the shoe store:

I
Is that for sure confirmed?

1. Yes you can come back and collect on NG+- doesn't need to be done in one run

2. I think you may have to do the fishing comp quest first yes. List of Bailu quests in order:

Capsule Of Love - Bai Qinghao (little kid practising Tai Chi)
The Biggest Catch - the fishing competition
Heartbreak Kung Fu - Yan Wei Lian (guy stood in Joy Park)
Future Dream - Zhi Mao - little kid in Panda market
Medicine Deliver - Elder Yeh (old blind lady who hums)
Mr Su's Tall Tales - Mr Su - he's up in Sunset hill. Listen to one story per day for 3 days
Catfish Rally - Fishing Stamps
Miracle Mushroom - Kong Mei - the lady who owns the Panda Market Shop
Ghost Buster - the kids in Sunflower Grove
Fabled Fabric - Ding Jinquin - the pawn shop guy

I'm afraid I believe you story points will shut these down. I did it by speaking to everyone after every single story beat and eventually getting the list above. Managed not to miss any on my first playthrough

3. The only thing off the top of my head is the toy you can win at the lucky hit stand? Possibly some of the other prizes but I don't think it will lock you out trading for a skill book (you can buy most of them if you have enough money). You can also buy some of the prizes at token exchange. THe only thing I haven't seen for sure in Niaowu is the Toy you can win from the lucky hit stand in Bailu. Most things you will come across in the second area and none of the capsule toys are missable.

4. Are you just after Bailu?

Lake 1 - left of fishing shop
Lake 2 - other side of lake
Sunflower Grove - small lake, usually the fat guy is fishing here
Stream 1 - down river from verdant bridge
Stream 2 - upriver from verdant Bridge
Pond to the left after going past panda market - Reward for Future Dream
River down the hill from Sunflower Grove - reward for Miracle Mushrooms

Pretty sure that's it. In the second area:

Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal
2. Behind Warehouse (Hidden)
[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.
[Blossom Streete]
4. Behind Save Shenmue Building
5. Behind Save Shenmue Building
[Fisherman Dock]
6. On the first pier. (coming from vendor avenue)
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.
[Senary Street]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine
11. Behind first part of the shrine building
12. Behind second part of shrine building (Hidden)

If I:

>did the side quests (future Dream for example) in the first playthrough, do I need to redo them again in the 2nd playthrough to unlock those fishing areas?

and

>If I had a capsule set (lets say: firefighter set) in the first playthrough, but I used the fire axe for a scroll in the first playthrough, in the 2nd playthrough, in order to get Capsule trophy, do I need to have all the capsule sets completed in stock currently on my possessions to trigger it? Or does the game remember that I previously had a full firefighter capsule set last game?

So I just completed both trophy regarding the fishing in bailu and niaowu ....all fishing spots in both locations. I'm wondering why the adept angler trophy hasn't popped yet?

To achieve the Capsule Toy final trophy, is it necessary to have all of them at the same time or if I gave-trade some it will pop up anyways?

Back