Ramen stalls 屋台

Mouth watering... 🤪 makes me wish I could understand the language better. :hmm:

This looks simple enough. I assume it is soy sauce or a similar broth that did not take forever to make as some ramen shops tend to do. Although he did scoop some broth from another pot, which I did not see initially.

There are many more to come, I just really liked the atmosphere of this little stall. The old man seemed nice enough and his hands steady. It is good to see people still active at that age and continuing a craft and being productive in society. I hope if I even reach that age, that I am still able to move about like that.

Last edited:
These need to be in Grand Theft Auto VI. Noodles, soup, pork, and soft-boiled eggs flying all over the damn place!

Are you the ramen stall equivalent of a trainspotter or birdwatcher, Jerrid?

Are you the ramen stall equivalent of a trainspotter or birdwatcher, Jerrid?
Possibly. ^^! I just like the simple fact that a single person can make a living off of a movable small cart (some with man power, rather than horse power) while still delivering tasty and (somewhat) nutritious food in a quick manner. Something has always appealed to me about that. That or in the back of my head I think I could possibly do that, yet probably not. ^^!

Here is an older man still making a living in the cold streets of Japan. Not all of these videos may be strictly ramen stalls. Also some may want to ignore the very beginning as there is discussion before the meet up with the ramen stall and then there is a lot of conversation afterwards, as the video is longer than the others I have posted. Others might find it interesting though. Enjoy!

Edit: Changed video. Same owner of the stall, most likely the same day even as the other, but more cooking and less talking.

Last edited:
Possibly. ^^! I just like the simple fact that a single person can make a living off of a movable small cart (some with man power, rather than horse power) while still delivering tasty and (somewhat) nutritious food in a quick manner. Something has always appealed to me about that. That or in the back of my head I think I could possibly do that, yet probably not. ^^!

Here is an older man still making a living in the cold streets of Japan. Not all of these videos may be strictly ramen stalls. Also some may want to ignore the very beginning as there is discussion before the meet up with the ramen stall and then there is a lot of conversation afterwards, as the video is longer than the others I have posted. Others might find it interesting though. Enjoy!

Edit: Changed video. Same owner of the stall, most likely the same day even as the other, but more cooking and less talking.
I hear you, dude. You say that somewhere in the back of your head you believe you would be capable of operating your own mobile ramen stall - well, I don't know where in the world you live, but with pubs, clubs, bars, and restaurants dropping like flies, a gap in the market is sure to open for such an endeavour once all this kung flu nonsense is over.

Don't doubt yourself.

I hear you, dude. You say that somewhere in the back of your head you believe you would be capable of operating your own mobile ramen stall - well, I don't know where in the world you live, but with pubs, clubs, bars, and restaurants dropping like flies, a gap in the market is sure to open for such an endeavour once all this kung flu nonsense is over.

Don't doubt yourself.

Oh no. I meant to open and compete in Japan of all places, trying to sell their food to their own people. ^^! It does not help that after all these years, I still can not hold a conversation. :crying: That and knowing I would not enjoy cooking if it was MY job. And all those dishes would be a real pain to wash. 🤪

Back