Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

Toonami is just an Adult Swim "programming block" if that makes sense. They switch from kid-friendly cartoons on Cartoon Network during the day to more mature programming at night. Sometimes it's stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, other times t's anime. Toonami is the anime block.

I remember the idea of a shenmue anime being a tragedy to our Shenmue legacy.
I don't know why, but now it gets me really excited!

can't fucking wait for this my dudes
Looking forward to it for sure.

The absolute chaos we will have covering everything around it makes me slightly anxious 🤣

I'm gonna guess either Summer or maybe Q3

I think if it were any time soon then they would already be advertising it. So I could see Summer or Fall.

So...which one of you crazy bastards will try to do the Corey fandub when its all said and done? ;) Afterall, you modded back in Eric Kelso into Shenmue III...

I could see someone here trying to do a full on Corey Marshall fandub when all is said and done :D

Although that might be too ambitious given the length and all...

It sucks that Corey got left out, he's always been one of the communities biggest supporters. Maybe if Shenmue anime sells like gangbusters they'll do a directors cut with Corey voice over.

Yeah stuff like that doesn't happen. Unless you're a cult classic anime that's been around for decades like evangelion or Akira, it's not gonna get redubbed. 😶

Last edited:
Not trying to be nasty. I really think they’d switch VAs if the anime blew up as well. It’s a cold world. They’re not gonna choose the hardcore fans over their newer, younger fan base. Then again they still use the game Sonic over the movie Sonic, but I’m assuming that’s a $$$ issue.

Last edited:
Back