Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Is anyone else a bit frustrated and let down by:

Ryo's reaction when he first sees Chai again. No "it's you! Just what the hell are you doing here?" Ryo's just literally, casual as fuck, like "oh" when he makes his first appearance and doesn't even mention it. Then later he refers to him as "the creepy guy with a hunchback" or something. I don't know... something about it all seemed a bit off.

Is anyone else a bit frustrated and let down by:

Ryo's reaction when he first sees Chai again. No "it's you! Just what the hell are you doing here?" Ryo's just literally, casual as fuck, like "oh" when he makes his first appearance and doesn't even mention it. Then later he refers to him as "the creepy guy with a hunchback" or something. I don't know... something about it all seemed a bit off.

I found it odd too. It was almost like he didn't recognise him.

We discuss a lot of issues we are having with the game, the fighting, the cut scenes, the story, the reviews. It would be nice to discuss some of the positives too :)

For a start I find the new arcade games a lot more enjoyable than the older ones present in the game.

Also I love how everything feels connected and has a purpose. The shopping, raising money, sparing and all aspects work together to encourage you to explore the game and it's activities. For instance you have to collect herbs and capsules for skill books rather than just buying them for cash (great addition!).

Furthermore the locations look absolutely stunning and truly are a joy to explore.

Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. It felt really underwhelming. And initially, I was really excited about the whole thing.
I found it disappointing as that was one the moments I was most looking forward to in the game.

Looking at the screenshots didn't help didn't either as I could predict the moment he would arrive.

Just got to Niaowu.... And my first reaction was "wow, okay, so this is where all the budget went"

It looks so good!!
Niawou is spectacular and also strangely makes me appreciate Bailu village even more. I loaded up a previous save game and felt the difference in atmosphere immediately.

To be honest I love visiting places in England that are historic and have plenty of homes with thatched roofs. Bailu village gives me that same cosy feeling :)

Last edited:
IMG_20191124_114851.jpg

Umm wtf? I recently installed the LRG DLC pack - maybe yesterday - booted up the game today and got this.

I'll flip if I need to start over!

Edit - system reboot appeared to fix the error. Phew! Note to self - save using a few different files in case one becomes corrupt

Last edited:
View attachment 5885

Umm wtf? I recently installed the LRG DLC pack - maybe yesterday - booted up the game today and got this.

I'll flip if I need to start over!

Edit - system reboot appeared to fix the error. Phew! Note to self - save using a few different files in case one becomes corrupt
Glad you resolved the issue.

I don't know what is going on with my game, but I STILL haven't had any rain. 12 days so far.
I didn't have any rain for a long time either. I think I was probably somewhere past 15 days before I finally got my first bit of rain. Then after that the rain was fairly frequent for some reason.

Back