Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Japanese display cover, front & back.

View attachment 4092
Nice cover. Wonder if the screens will change a little as some of that is older assets? The one on the right looks new and the top one is the same model they used on the Retro Gamer Magazine Subscriber Edition in the UK.

The third image is definitely new. If you zoom in and squint you can just make out... colors and shapes.
ENHANCE

Untitled.png

Japanese display cover, front & back.

View attachment 4092

Is it possible for you take a hi-def picture of this cover @Switch? I think a lot of people here wanna see that mysterious third image more clearly.

Will you guys ruin your IRL sleeping schedule/routines once the full game is out and prove to be an excellent sequel?

Sorry but I am getting too old to be pulling all-nighters like I used to. I will be playing Shenmue 3 with every millisecond of free time I have though.

So... all the cover change subject can definitely die now, right?
They even used some old screens to ilustrate the game in the back. (lol)
Don't know how I feel about the whole Shenmue 3 artwork right now.
Not that I don't like it. Looks nice. But It could be much better imo.

Definitely could be much better, and based on the old screenshots on the back cover from 2017, it’s probably placeholder materials until release-ready 2019 screenshots and professional cover art is finalized. They’re probably so focused on prioritizing the quality of the actual game, they’re saving the updating of the screenshots, cover art, and marketing materials for later.

Back