Random Shenmue III Thoughts

So when do you think Trophy Data will show up on PSN Profiles? This weekend or on release date? Some games get their trophy data uploaded early (usually the weekend before) so I'll be curious to see if trophy data shows up this weekend. Other games wait until release day to upload it to the server. So, this weekend or release date?

So when do you think Trophy Data will show up on PSN Profiles? This weekend or on release date? Some games get their trophy data uploaded early (usually the weekend before) so I'll be curious to see if trophy data shows up this weekend. Other games wait until release day to upload it to the server. So, this weekend or release date?

Surprised it's not already considering people have the game, but I won't even be looking at these during my 1st playthrough - I don't want them to steer my playthrough into a completionist-mania. I'll be turning trophy notifications off too!

Surprised it's not already considering people have the game, but I won't even be looking at these during my 1st playthrough - I don't want them to steer my playthrough into a completionist-mania. I'll be turning trophy notifications off too!

I'm not surprised. This happens with every game pre-release. The trophy data shows up on your hardware...but doesn't get pinged to the server until it's turned on in the back end.

Still, you are kind of right. Surprised no one who has the game already hasn't bothered to turn off their net connection and look up trophies (you can do it by turning off your net connection and looking at local trophy data without the net connection)

I'll look....I'm curious enough to look and see what I have to do in order to get the Plat. I usually look at that shit for most games pre-release.

Although I might actually turn off notifications for this one time only...just because it would be nice to have that experience again of playing this as if it were on a Dreamcast.

It's good in a way that this has been an extremely busy week. My mind has been well occupied! I have been checking my emails regularly for dispatch notices, though.

Don't really care, to be honest; a spoiler without context is not a spoiler that bothers me ;)

I'm pissed. I just had a look at my shipping info for the game and because I changed my delivery address, I forgot to take out my old City in the address somehow. It has my all of my new address details except it has two cities in somehow. Ugh ;( the sad thing is that I looked at this email a few times and couldn't spot the mistake.

Which zip code does it have? That's the one they'll go by for delivery.

Youtube is still a safe place actually :D

There is a stream of the first 3 hours. I skipped the intro and just watched ryo walk around. By not reading the subs it felt like a very advanced demo.
Ive kind of grown a bit tired of the demo, so to see him do some minor other stuff has well has me pumped for the release :)

Nov 19 is gonna be a good day :D

Yeah, maybe that wasn't the best example to make so I apologize. What I meant was people who dislike the game usually state things like the graphics and animations looking "dated", and not realizing that the budget is modest compared to some modern titles. I personally think the game looks quite good and appreciate the level of detail int he environments and objects. Animation is admittedly a little janky at times but that's about it from what I've seen.
Some people ( not generalizing) are just idiots. To this group if Shenmue 3 was said to have Sony backing it with loads a money and the media talked it up with super HYPE then these same people would probably say it looks amazing. It's all about prestige or the idea of it. Now this is just an example, it has nothing to do with the games quality in its own right: look at DS (If it was a small unknown dev with no Kojima or the big actors, media talking it up or Sony marketing might and close to "first party" standing then even with its graphics being as good as they are it probably would get ignored by these same people drooling over it right now ). Who would really doubt that, really?

RE2 is the same thing, take away Capcom and the RE ip name ( and all the others above apply here as well ) and the game would get ignored and criticized for its supposed outdated elements. Graphics are NOT what these people are primarily interested in, they're just a bonus if anything, to promote, or in this case, insult.

Shenmue itself, as we all know, had its day in the limelight as the next big thing and WAS hyped to heaven and back. So who cares what certain people think? I know I don't. A good game is good on its own merits and a bad game will be ..... bad regardless who's promoting it and with what at the end of the day.

If you put the right ingredients together ( above ) these people would praise a shiny turd on their living room floor if it came with a recording of Michael Buffer narrating how amazing it is and how "special" you are yourself for having this special gift which also happens to make you special too............SPECIAL💩

Some people ( not generalizing) are just idiots. To this group if Shenmue 3 was said to have Sony backing it with loads a money and the media talked it up with super HYPE then these same people would probably say it looks amazing. It's all about prestige or the idea of it. Now this is just an example, it has nothing to do with the games quality in its own right: look at DS (If it was a small unknown dev with no Kojima or the big actors, media talking it up or Sony marketing might and close to "first party" standing then even with its graphics being as good as they are it probably would get ignored by these same people drooling over it right now ). Who would really doubt that, really?

RE2 is the same thing, take away Capcom and the RE ip name ( and all the others above apply here as well ) and the game would get ignored and criticized for its supposed outdated elements. Graphics are NOT what these people are primarily interested in, they're just a bonus if anything, to promote, or in this case, insult.

Shenmue itself, as we all know, had its day in the limelight as the next big thing and WAS hyped to heaven and back. So who cares what certain people think? I know I don't. A good game is good on its own merits and a bad game will be ..... bad regardless who's promoting it and with what at the end of the day.

If you put the right ingredients together ( above ) these people would praise a shiny turd on their living room floor if it came with a recording of Michael Buffer narrating how amazing it is and how "special" you are yourself for having this special gift which also happens to make you special too............SPECIAL💩
That's very true. Sometimes it's more about who made it, and the brand name, than the actual quality of the game.
A more recent example is Pokemon Sword and Shield. It's a rushed and unpolished game in some areas and is lacking in content compared to past entries, but people will defend and praise Game Freak to the grave for it.
I'm choosing to go completely blind into Shenmue 3, so I won't be reading what critics or fans have to say about it before I play.

Yea that's what it is though, if Sony did fund Shenmue 3, and there was no KS at all, everyone would be saying how great it looks, ect, ect, ect, we all know it.

The people on the outside who don't care about Shenmue and bashing the looks or whatnot, are among the same people who grade how good a games looks, not on how it actually "visually" looks, but based on how much graphic power was needed to get such to look like that.

They take the same approach to overall quality, and money, basically believing games can only reach some arbitrary lv of quality based on how bloated the budget is.

Last edited:
So here's IGN's 10 Reasons They are Excited for Shenmue III. It's the same thing from the Japanese Preview and its translation by Esra Krabbe, but this time it's on YouTube. The comments are on fire with ignorance. The general gaming populous sucks.

I just scrolled for the first 30 or so and didn’t see one negative comment.

Reactions: red
Back