Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I am sharing random thought I had about Shenmue III recently. I looked at Shenmue 3 logo as it is now (font is not so clean as original font). Could it be that the game itself is reflected in the logo (it is still Shenmue III but little bit distorted)?Shenmue-3-logo.jpgShenmue-III-Logo-1.jpg

More of this, please.

Share, up-vote, etc. These types of vids are great for the cause.

I am sharing random thought I had about Shenmue III recently. I looked at Shenmue 3 logo as it is now (font is not so clean as original font). Could it be that the game itself is reflected in the logo (it is still Shenmue III but little bit distorted)?View attachment 5464View attachment 5465
I think it's just Yu Suzuki's handwriting, which isn't so good when it comes to the alphabet. The Japanese logo is very similar, but looks much nicer.

More of this, please.

Share, up-vote, etc. These types of vids are great for the cause.
These guys are great, if you don't know them btw they make wiki guides for Dark Souls and other RPGs and usually stream them on Twitch to lots of viewers. I didn't know that they were aware of Shenmue

A dude here (sorry, can't remember his alias) who runs a small Italian video games site said he is getting a review code on the 19th November... He isn't sure if it's the same for all outlets or if it's just because he has a smallish website, but said it's pretty unusual either way...
Thats probably a sign none of them will be then, thats highly unfortunate.

Huber from Easy Allies (and the famous Gametrailers reaction video) said in their podcast that came out for Patreon patrons today that he doesn't have the game yet. I don't think any reviewers got it early.

Huber from Easy Allies (and the famous Gametrailers reaction video) said in their podcast that came out for Patreon patrons today that he doesn't have the game yet. I don't think any reviewers got it early.

Speaking of them, why the hell haven't they been covering Shenmue 3 for months now?

You would think they would've atleast done a, the story goes on trailer reaction.

Dumb decision from Deep Silver. Reviews are a solid part of the marketing. Unless they really think the game is going to get massacred in the press and not just in a few trolly "iT's YaKuZa BuT sHiT" reviews kind of way... :(

I'm sure we'll see reviews on the 19th, but that is strange.

Dumb decision from Deep Silver. Reviews are a solid part of the marketing. Unless they really think the game is going to get massacred in the press and not just in a few trolly "iT's YaKuZa BuT sHiT" reviews kind of way... :(
I'm pretty sure that's the assumption they made, right or wrong. Honestly, the atmosphere on the dojo before we all got our copies would've been insufferable if all people wanted to talk about were some 3/10 and 5/10 reviews.

To be fair, Y's net Isn't part of some bloated, ego driven corporation, and Deep Silver has probally atleast made all their money back already.

In short, neither of them are thinking short term/day 1 sales is everything, and as long as people review the game when the game comes out, that works just as well, as having early reviews.

Furthermore it should be noted, the people who would've bought it day one, have already pre-ordered anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's the assumption they made, right or wrong. Honestly, the atmosphere on the dojo before we all got our copies would've been insufferable if all people wanted to talk about were some 3/10 and 5/10 reviews.

It can backfire though... I remember a few games in the past that publishers either didn't send review copies until the release date or flat out refused to send review copies, and the critics just went after them even harder and almost tried to make an example of the publisher for trying to dodge the media.

It can backfire though... I remember a few games in the past that publishers either didn't send review copies until the release date or flat out refused to send review copies, and the critics just went after them even harder and almost tried to make an example of the publisher for trying to dodge the media.

Yea this is true, but Shenmue is different, once the game is officially out, the truth will spread like wild fire. Also the Shenmue franchise is timeless, and will gather more fans as time goes by, despite the haters trying to downplay it, It's not something people only care about, when it first comes out.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have no doubt many in the press are going to be petty enough to do just that. At least we'll be playing the game ourself at that point, so we won't be stressing over it as bad. I get the concern that the reviews can hurt longer term sales, hurt our chances for S4, etc etc. I guess at this point we just have to hope consumers will be smarter than we tend to believe they are, more influenced by word of mouth from people who like the game, streams and gameplay footage, etc.

To those who purchased Shenmue 3 on PSN are they letting you preload the game on the 18th?
Far as I know, PSN preload starts as early as the 17th. You just won't be able to play it until the 19th.

Back