Random Shenmue III Thoughts

It's mostly the environments, but there are characters who look really good. For instance, the fat afro dude at the very beginning has an incredibly detailed face.
Some of them look great, but I stand the way they are animated doesnt look good, like I think thats the big issue is the styalization of certain characters doesn't register cause the animation doesnt match that, I dont think going super cartoony is a good idea but some of their faces calls for at least some of that.

Like A good comparison i think was outer worlds, which obvious had more budget, but theres a slight bit of cartoonish styalization going on with its characters and theres some movement in their faces to match that eccentricity, I think the key is in the area around the eyes

Last edited:
You guys can't believe how happy I am that some publisher decided to bring Shen 3 to Brazil officially, I really enjoy seeing our age rating logo in the boxes, sadly I can't say the same of Shen I & II as that was import only. It's extra cool because Shenmue I was also brought over officially by TecToy when the Dreamcast was current. I can buy this cheaply and without having to worry that the two copies of it in some random e-store is going to be sold out.

Now, and I might eat a ban over what I'm going to say, but unfortunately I got laid off recently so unlike the HD rerelease I won't be buying this anytime soon because I literally can't. I'm very tempted to get the pirated PC version to check it out and buy the PS4 disc when I can, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do for now. Maybe I should just wait. Still, seeing people's impressions on the game makes me really happy since this turned out to be everything people wanted from a belated sequel and more. Hope Yu manages to secure funding for a 4th one with equal or better quality than this release.

Or also, as sad as this may sound, 2015 was a long ago and alot of things can happen so im sure some backers are not longer with us hence not being able to fill out the survey.
I remember a guy on /v/ back before the e3 of dreams when Suzuki posted a pic of him with a forklift, of a guy saying he just wants to see Shenmue 3 before he dies cause he was dying of cancer, no clue if that guy was bullshiting or not but it stuck with me for some reason despite the possibility.

Does anyone know the quickest way to make money in Niaowu?

You have a couple of options;

Legitimate strategy go to the two psychics to get your lucky number or colour and go to venture areas such as
Rose Garden or Golden Goose
and bet big.

Alternatively fight gauntlet of enemies in
Rose Garden
and if you’ve trained you should be able to get up to 7-8 Duan no problems and rinse and repeat, take those tokens to Prize cafe and sell expensive diamonds for cash.

I agree, even though I play with the Japanese dub.

Sou desu ne :D

(hearing Sou Desu Ne over and over again is no different to hearing "I see" over and over again :D)

I still think most of Shenmue's English woes really boil down to the very literal script translation and the fact that when you are that literal it becomes rather stilted. Translation is more interp than it is replacing words 1 for 1 I've found after trying my hand at some. Although III does deviate I've noticed (I can hear things that aren't being reflected in the subs, so they took some liberties this time out)

Back