Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I definitely feel the game would run a hell of alot smoother if they patched in a locked FPS. It runs above 30 almost 100% of the time and I also noticed when a NPC gets stuck on an object they don't just glitch and fall apart like most other open world games, what happens is they fade out and then respawn ahead on the path they were going to take just like the original games. I wish more games would do it like this as it's less jarring than seeing a couple of guys piled up together walking in a wee circle like they're stoned or something ( Witcher 3- Novigrad has this part ).

I just got to Niaowu and think it's population count is fine ( others feel it's a ghost town ), yeah you can see the monks at the dojo pop in closer than I'd like but that was the same for Bailu as well ( The fustrum range for rendering in NPC or objects ) it was just harder to notice because there is less bumby terrain to hide it in Niaowu being a town/city area.

Man, I failed so many QTEs throughout Shenmue III that I started to think it would be really cool if in Shenmue IV, the mechanical arcade games like QTE Title, Excite QTE, Whack-a-Mole etc. etc. all improved Ryo's reflexes as you played them more and more and grew more proficient in them, and added say 0.1 second to all of the real fight/chase QTEs in-game.

I think that that would be a really neat addition to the "life-cycle" theme that Yu is going for with the mini-games, where everything is incentivised in a small way, and feeds into other activities/skills.

I came across a neat little thing in the combat during the rose garden, turns out if you can de-ring enemies if your lucky enough to kick a enemy into a ragdoll over the gate, it was comical as hell in my match through cause the dude i kicked out was just dangling halfway out with his legs still in the rin while i had to fight the other guy still in the match. It looks like ryo freaking killed the deringed guy.

Side note, im not gonna act like its the most amazing combat in the world, but this system is alot better than people give it credit.

It’s why I ultimately decided on the PC version. There are some slight stutters but I’m getting 60fps at 1440p and it feels great to control.

Yeah I am running on my rtx 2070 1440p with a 144 hz monitor, it looks gorgeous.

I was able to try it and I didn't see this thing mentionned anywhere so, for the people that want to go a little slower. πŸ˜€
There is more than one state of walk with the left stick, a quick walk if you push it fully and a slower walk if you push it slightly.

What percentage of the game would you say is complete by the time of arriving in Niaowu? I'm probably played about five hours since, but trying to gauge how much is left. Literally next to nothing has happened story-wise in this game which is a tad frustrating, but I've been having fun and am definitely immersed.

I stumbled upon this by chance, lol this did not age well

What percentage of the game would you say is complete by the time of arriving in Niaowu? I'm probably played about five hours since, but trying to gauge how much is left. Literally next to nothing has happened story-wise in this game which is a tad frustrating, but I've been having fun and am definitely immersed.
I'm curious about this too, I'm hoping its at most 50% cause bailu was pretty underwhelming not gonna lie.

Side note, im not gonna act like its the most amazing combat in the world, but this system is alot better than people give it credit.

Yeah, I think the only thing that hurts it is the lack of true counters and throws...also targeting in multi men battles could be better...but the combat isn't bad...by any means. Works a lot better than people are giving it credit for. I enjoyed it even with its short comings.

Back