Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

For a moment i thought that maybe this guy had a record...

I think is possible that maybe we will see VF6 announcement with the involvement of Yu Suzuki.

It's a sign!

buO3SAi.jpeg

Respectfully after a year of hard pitching the Kickstarter should've been at least considered alot sooner. This will sting much harder since we were able to revive the series for Shenmue 3 but now were back to zero. I'm not sure this was ever true but Sega says they were interested in Shenmue 1&2 remake why not use those funds for Shenmue 4. Honestly just start the Kickstarter I've got more faith in our community than anybody else.

About a year ago the lottery was over a billion dollars and I decided to play. I never play the lottery but the first thing I thought about was funding Shenmue 0,4 and 5🤣😂

Isn’t the big Sega announcement today?

• Shinobi• Crazy Taxi• Golden Axe• Jet Set Radio• Streets of Rage are coming back but not shenmue...
That sounds amazing, so I'm going to assume they ruined it all by outsourcing to western studios or something.

EDIT: Yep, the art-styles all have that weird inauthentic western funk to them. I reserve the right to get rehype if any of these turn out to be dev'd internally by SoJ, but atm it's a meh.

Last edited:
Nothing about YS NET/Yu Suzuki on TGA. 💔

I thought we would see VF6 announcement or a new game series by YS NET/Yu Suzuki

On the SEGA announcement appeared... "And more" so maybe there is still hope for VF6, and maybe in this "new era" they will help see Shenmue finished? who knows... i will not get my hopes up about SEGA helping Yu Suzuki but if this happens would be amazing.

All i know is that i will always support YSNET/Yu Suzuki, Yu-san want to continue trying and i will believe in him, i will not give up to see my favorite video game series to be completed.

Nothing about YS NET/Yu Suzuki on TGA. 💔

I thought we would see VF6 announcement or a new game series by YS NET/Yu Suzuki

On the SEGA announcement appeared... "And more" so maybe there is still hope for VF6, and maybe in this "new era" they will help see Shenmue finished? who knows... i will not get my hopes up about SEGA helping Yu Suzuki but if this happens would be amazing.

All i know is that i will always support YSNET/Yu Suzuki, Yu-san want to continue trying and i will believe in him, i will not give up to see my favorite video game series to be completed.
Well be careful what you wish for. What if Shenmue 3 had ended with Ryo beating Lan Di and then the screen goes black and you hear Ryo say “Alright. I got my revenge.” Then the credits rolled with a The End.

The series could have been “completed” there and can you imagine the reaction?

Games these days look so incredible and Shenmues time has unfortunately passed it was probably too late for the series a decade ago frankly.

All we can do now is hope for a modest $2M mobile type Shenmue 4 which will focus on telling the rest of the story for the benefit of the fans. I’d be down for one last Kickstarter to see it this done.

Last edited:
The way I see it, SEGA have found a way to bring these back in a sensible way for their respective fanbases.

Means they could easily do the same for Shenmue and we should be letting them know this. Its no New Era till they do a new Shenmue title internally

Shenmue arguably has more brand recognition than a JSR title and has historically outsold it. The issue is the cost of Shenmue.

Then I ask why can't SEGA bring it back home in a sensible manner with some concessions if needed? Judgement has a serious undertone to it and plays really well. Why not take that experience to Shenmue, keep it's core feel but do it in a modern way?

The way I see it, SEGA have found a way to bring these back in a sensible way for their respective fanbases.

Means they could easily do the same for Shenmue and we should be letting them know this. Its no New Era till they do a new Shenmue title internally

Shenmue arguably has more brand recognition than a JSR title and has historically outsold it. The issue is the cost of Shenmue.

Then I ask why can't SEGA bring it back home in a sensible manner with some concessions if needed? Judgement has a serious undertone to it and plays really well. Why not take that experience to Shenmue, keep it's core feel but do it in a modern way?
Only problem is if Sega decided to make Shenmue 4 where would YS figure in it?

Only problem is if Sega decided to make Shenmue 4 where would YS figure in it?
They've enough about them to bring him on in an advisory capacity.

Back when they made all stars racing they told Sumo that they had to get the OK of the respective creators to use their characters in those games. So Sumo asked Suzuki directly.

If they're doing that they know full well he'd need to be involved. I'm not worried about that

They've enough about them to bring him on in an advisory capacity.

Back when they made all stars racing they told Sumo that they had to get the OK of the respective creators to use their characters in those games. So Sumo asked Suzuki directly.

If they're doing that they know full well he'd need to be involved. I'm not worried about that
I wonder what “and more” could possibly refer to aside from VF and Shenmue? Maybe Eco the Dolphin or Vectorman are candidates too. They could also bring back Blue Stinger….

But Shenmue just costs too much so I could only imagine Sega making a low budget story focused game. And that’s really all we want at this point

Back