Random Shenmue Thoughts

Anyone use Shenmue quotes IRL?
Honestly, I’d say most days, yes. It has had that much of an impact on me and how I try to live my life. Train every day without neglect, mind like a polished mirror, etc. I have talked about stuff from Wude while trying to motivate work colleagues, for example. It’s much more than just a game to me.

Honestly, I’d say most days, yes. It has had that much of an impact on me and how I try to live my life. Train every day without neglect, mind like a polished mirror, etc. I have talked about stuff from Wude while trying to motivate work colleagues, for example. It’s much more than just a game to me.
I got sick from eating some food earlier and my gf asked me if i was okay and i replied "Im just fine and dandy"

Anyone use Shenmue quotes IRL?
Never quoted any of the philosophical lines from the games IRL, but any time I'm accosted by an obvious junkie in public, I play a little game. I try to see how many times I can say, "I see," while they go through their bullshit spiel about needing a pound for the bus, a fiver for a taxi to the hospital, or whatever nonsense they're going with that day, before I say, "Sorry, can't help you, mate," and we part ways.

I think my record is twelve. It's been a while.

Never quoted any of the philosophical lines from the games IRL, but any time I'm accosted by an obvious junkie in public, I play a little game. I try to see how many times I can say, "I see," while they go through their bullshit spiel about needing a pound for the bus, a fiver for a taxi to the hospital, or whatever nonsense they're going with that day, before I say, "Sorry, can't help you, mate," and we part ways.

I think my record is twelve. It's been a while.
Im back in my town at the weekend and im playing the game too but my version is timing myself from walking out the train station and seeing how long it takes until a junkie asks me for money.

Im back in my town at the weekend and im playing the game too but my version is timing myself from walking out the train station and seeing how long it takes until a junkie asks me for money.
Ah, you so will be recreating the first few minutes of gameplay from Shenmue II, but with whacked-out, tracksuit-wearing zombies taking the place of the Hong Kong scammers?

I got sick from eating some food earlier and my gf asked me if i was okay and i replied "Im just fine and dandy"
Excuse me sir but may I call you god and adore you?

The same, exactly as you wrote, for me. The teachings stays with us, and in my case if I go stray from the path from Wude/Dojo kun, I get notably unbalanced. Getting me into the Hazuki way quickly fix things back...badabam in balance with the cosmos again.
For example, I try to not stay out of home past 11:30 as there's only drunks and shady music out there. No, really, it sounds crazy but its a simple way of sleeping and resting the required hours for your mind and body be healthy and not turn yourself into a night owl.
"Dont rely in others" was the most impacting to me, when I was a teenager kid, very scared and lonely. Also bullied.
I wont stretch that Shenmue saved my life but it planted the seeds in a kid that needed urgent help, that grew into adult me and so I went there and saved former kid me. Shenmue is also about facing your fears.

So I randomly was browsing Reddit and heard song “We’ve had enough” by Michael Jackson and couldn’t place where I first had heard of this song. Suddenly it clicked was a Shenmue AMV-

Now my question as my memory was hazzy was this made by @LanDC or someone else? This video is many, many years old despite the reupload.

Last edited:
So I randomly was browsing Reddit and heard song “We’ve had enough” by Michael Jackson and couldn’t place where I first had heard of this song. Suddenly it clicked was a Shenmue AMV-

Now my question as my memory was hazzy was this made by @LanDC or someone else? This video is many, many years old despite the reupload.
I don't know who made this video; but it reminded me of my Shenmue Fans Tribute Video back when Shenmue 3 was announced featuring one of my favourite tracks called "No easy way out" from the movie Rocky IV.
It brought me back great memories from back in the day that we were fighting to get Shenmue 3; similar to what is happening with us right now with Shenmue 4.
But sometimes its hard feeling that we are back in that same place of not knowing if we are ever going to have another Shenmue game. It just makes want to scream and punch a Fu🤬ing Wall.
There really is "No easy way out" for us Shenmue fans; that's why we have got to keep fighting.

I don't know who made this video; but it reminded me of my Shenmue Fans Tribute Video back when Shenmue 3 was announced featuring one of my favourite tracks called "No easy way out" from the movie Rocky IV.
It brought me back great memories from back in the day that we were fighting to get Shenmue 3; similar to what is happening with us right now with Shenmue 4.
But sometimes its hard feeling that we are back in that same place of not knowing if we are ever going to have another Shenmue game. It just makes want to scream and punch a Fu🤬ing Wall.
There really is "No easy way out" for us Shenmue fans; that's why we have got to keep fighting.
We must "go the distance..."

Love that song, and the footage actually went surprisingly well! Not sure who made it sorry, but thanks for sharing :D

Back