Random Shenmue Thoughts

how many npcs are in Shenmue I and Shenmue II?

About the first game i found this, i think is complete.

https://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Complete_Characters_of_Shenmue_I

Also if you want you can download the app Suka Pass, there you will probably find all the NPCs that are in the game, i think the profiles are complete there.

About Shenmue II Miles did a beautiful Character Database, if you want you can download the character database here https://shenmusings.wordpress.com/2018/03/01/the-shenmue-ii-character-database/

s2-char-database-banner.png

Miles also did the Character Database for Shenmue III

I have a fake memory of seeing Chai lurking from the window of a building near the Lai Lai eatery (just the back of his head was popping out) in a scene where the camera pans out after Ryo loses sight of Wong. It's still stuck in my head. It was night time in-game, if that matters. Maybe I got a 1 in 1 billion easter egg or more realistically, Chai just disturbed me so much when I was younger that was expecting him to jump out on me, especially when the camera pans out during a cutscene. I wasn't so much scared of Chai as I was of the potential jump scare and manic screaming.

On a side note, you know how there are moments in life that you would love to experience again for the first time? I would love to experience the Guilin Forest V soundtrack for the first time again.

I have a fake memory of seeing Chai lurking from the window of a building near the Lai Lai eatery (just the back of his head was popping out) in a scene where the camera pans out after Ryo loses sight of Wong. It's still stuck in my head. It was night time in-game, if that matters. Maybe I got a 1 in 1 billion easter egg or more realistically, Chai just disturbed me so much when I was younger that was expecting him to jump out on me, especially when the camera pans out during a cutscene. I wasn't so much scared of Chai as I was of the potential jump scare and manic screaming.

On a side note, you know how there are moments in life that you would love to experience again for the first time? I would love to experience the Guilin Forest V soundtrack for the first time again.
I would love to visit Yokosuka again.

It's up on YouTube

Seems to be Japan only (of course!)

Back