Random Shenmue Thoughts

No Sega and Dreamcast where already financially done and Shenmue 2 released on the Xbox. I'm not sure Shenmue 4 is happening I hope it does but for now we wait.

Now that we have a new interview with Yu speaking about a Shenmue 0 game I believe he may be laying the groundwork getting the rest of the series greenlit for development. Honestly wouldn't make sense if the next game he develops is Shenmue 0. It could possibly doom future Shenmue titles.

Now that we have a new interview with Yu speaking about a Shenmue 0 game I believe he may be laying the groundwork getting the rest of the series greenlit for development. Honestly wouldn't make sense if the next game he develops is Shenmue 0. It could possibly doom future Shenmue titles.
Hmm interesting do you think he’s trying to greenlit shenmue 5 before developing shenmue 4

Meant to comment earlier: glad to see you got a cassette player! (Having played this series since the weekend of the original Dreamcast release, I was shocked to win a player on the first in-game day of the PS4 remaster.)

IIRC: though these factors affect both games, gambling success in S1 is more dependent on factors such as date, time, and even weather. For instance, if you gamble around Christmas and New Years, you're much more likely to win in raffles and collect free cans from soda machines (which, of course, increase your chances of winning, esp. at the harbor).

If memory serves, there's a thread in which S1 probabilities of winning were calculated with respect to those factors; perhaps search for posts from users Spaghetti and/or DigitalDuck and see what you can find.

Meant to comment earlier: glad to see you got a cassette player! (Having played this series since the weekend of the original Dreamcast release, I was shocked to win a player on the first in-game day of the PS4 remaster.)

IIRC: though these factors affect both games, gambling success in S1 is more dependent on factors such as date, time, and even weather. For instance, if you gamble around Christmas and New Years, you're much more likely to win in raffles and collect free cans from soda machines (which, of course, increase your chances of winning, esp. at the harbor).

If memory serves, there's a thread in which S1 probabilities of winning were calculated with respect to those factors; perhaps search for posts from users Spaghetti and/or DigitalDuck and see what you can find.
Im going to have a good look for some guides and its lots of fun getting cool things in the game

Shenmue 3 sold more than Shenmue 1. Dreamcast was a commercial failure so Shenmue 1 sank with the ship. Nobody knows how much Shenmue 3 sold everyone is completely silent. This makes me think that Shenmue 3 underperformed. If Shenmue 3 had sold well we would know.

Shenmue 3 sold more than Shenmue 1. Dreamcast was a commercial failure so Shenmue 1 sank with the ship. Nobody knows how much Shenmue 3 sold everyone is completely silent. This makes me think that Shenmue 3 underperformed. If Shenmue 3 had sold well we would know.
If shenmue 3 sold more than 1, it supposedly sold more than 1.2M copies because that’s how much 1 sold so it didn’t underperform

We've no concrete proof that 3 outsold 1 and it certainly didn't at full price sales. Keep in mind Epic gave it away as well so yes there's likely 1m people with 3 in their library but in terms of money exchanged it would be lower IMO.

Shenmue 1 sold to 10% of the DC user base and was only a failure due to the development budget. 4th highest selling DC game of all time

If shenmue 3 sold more than 1, it supposedly sold more than 1.2M copies because that’s how much 1 sold so it didn’t underperform

We've no concrete proof that 3 outsold 1 and it certainly didn't at full price sales. Keep in mind Epic gave it away as well so yes there's likely 1m people with 3 in their library but in terms of money exchanged it would be lower IMO.

Shenmue 1 sold to 10% of the DC user base and was only a failure due to the development budget. 4th highest selling DC game of all time

My bad I misspoke for some reason I was thinking of 100,00. I got my numbers mixed up.

I know for a fact that getting Hang On G is pretty easy to do in S1 but what do people think the best way of getting Dural G is? Ive nearly got all the store prizes (those that i want anyway) and just want to carry on as S2 is more fun for collecting stuff. The money you finish S1 with on xboxone carries over to the file you start on S2 right?

I know for a fact that getting Hang On G is pretty easy to do in S1 but what do people think the best way of getting Dural G is? Ive nearly got all the store prizes (those that i want anyway) and just want to carry on as S2 is more fun for collecting stuff. The money you finish S1 with on xboxone carries over to the file you start on S2 right?
wait for S2; much easier to win Dural G there

Back