Random Shenmue Thoughts

I was looking in the neighbourhood areas of Yokosuka and was wondering if you can reach Nozomi's house? I didn't see it on the map in Sakuragaoka. Or does she live in the apartment above the flowershop in Doubita? I've been knocking on doors this playthrough to see if you can get reactions and you can!

I always assumed she lived in the flower shop for some reason. I never saw her leave at the end of the night, just the shutters go down in front of the shop.

You could always get to the point in the story where you're looking for Heartbeats, and then just stand and watch her and see what happens.

That's how I learn NPC schedules.

No wonder he's single. The Classic Hazuki Creep works only for a select few, though none are up to his standards.

Really, though, I do plan to explore the NPCs more on my first S1 run this week; I'd like the people in the street to feel like regular for me this time around.

Really, though, I do plan to explore the NPCs more on my first S1 run this week; I'd like the people in the street to feel like regular for me this time around.

I had this pretty cool moment today in my most recent playthrough of Shenmue 1. When it was time to locate the tattoo parlour I spoke with Shiro Kurita, who said he also lived in Okayama Heights but didn’t know there was a tattoo shop there. Later that evening I saw him return to middle basement on ground floor. It’s those little details which make Shenmue.

The proprietress at... Manpukuku Ramen as well, (think it's her), says the same thing: "Really? I live in Okayama Heights and I never knew there was a tattoo parlour there."

Though she's not as detailed as Kurita, who does process of elimination lol

Today I saw Yoko Minato in dobuita with flowers in her hand, I was doing something and didn't took the time to follow her but it was the first time I saw that.

latest

Well, considering there is just over a month to go until Shenmue III...I'm finally going back to Shenmue. This time, through the WIndows Store version (since I got 1 and 2 through Gamepass and I might do a full achievement run on them)

I figure if I space it out then I can get both done just before November 19th drops.

Well, considering there is just over a month to go until Shenmue III...I'm finally going back to Shenmue. This time, through the WIndows Store version (since I got 1 and 2 through Gamepass and I might do a full achievement run on them)

I figure if I space it out then I can get both done just before November 19th drops.
Me to man.
Gonna start my last playthough of the first two games before shenmue3 this week!

Damn. how surreal it is.

Started playing S2 last night. For the first time, I actually spent the first night at the free stay lodge. I just went around, doing some arm wrestling and collecting capsule toys and Zippos till I was out of money. Then, after getting robbed by Wong, Cool Z and the other two, I just didn't feel like going to the Come Over Guest House just yet.

I had never actually seen Ryo sleep at the Free Stay Lodge and in turn it means I am now actually already looking for people to teach me the Four Wude before having to work that boring crate carrying job. :D

Damn lol It's so hard to get across to someone about the extent Shenmue 2 takes certain aspects, who has predeterminations against Shenmue.

It's bad enough such people have preconceptions about the Shenmue games, but when you factor in what a visionary/Savant Yu Suzuki is, nomatter how you describe it, there's no way anyone would beable to truly envision such, without seeing it them selves first.

I usually look at most objects in my recurrent replay and for the first time in the new warehouse 8.
I found a letter for the new warehouse 8 and then the letter for the old warehouse 8.

Wow, all these years and I never knew that there was a point in the game where you could go back inside Heartbeats Bar and freely walk around. Before this I thought the only thing that happens is Ryo knocks on the front door and then the angry bartender pops his head out to tell him to fuck off.

I went in there after metting Charlie at the tattoo parlor but can you go in sooner? And, other than the bartender giving Ryo shit, do other NPCs ever come in here or did Ryo totally kill the business? Nobody's in here and the only points of interest are Ryo view-locking on the "Heartbeats" neon sign as well as those weird cross/flag things on the wall, there's a picture of that foreigner girl Lidia on the wall for some weird reason, and the jukebox has a ton of "No Use" buttons which is kinda disappointing because it looked like it had a ton of songs. This place is dead; just gonna play Flower Girl on the box to kill the vibes and then leave.

Aside from Sony offering HD as a free PSN+ game for November; shouldn't Sega release the game on EGS to accompany the third game, as well...?

I noticed the Japanese physical versions of Shenmue come with registration cards. What is the purpose of these registration cards?

Wow, all these years and I never knew that there was a point in the game where you could go back inside Heartbeats Bar and freely walk around. Before this I thought the only thing that happens is Ryo knocks on the front door and then the angry bartender pops his head out to tell him to fuck off.

I went in there after metting Charlie at the tattoo parlor but can you go in sooner? And, other than the bartender giving Ryo shit, do other NPCs ever come in here or did Ryo totally kill the business? Nobody's in here and the only points of interest are Ryo view-locking on the "Heartbeats" neon sign as well as those weird cross/flag things on the wall, there's a picture of that foreigner girl Lidia on the wall for some weird reason, and the jukebox has a ton of "No Use" buttons which is kinda disappointing because it looked like it had a ton of songs. This place is dead; just gonna play Flower Girl on the box to kill the vibes and then leave.

I've never seen anyone in the Heartbeats Bar after going back, but I did notice picture on the wall of an NPC who walks around Dobuita! - The red headed lady who always tells Ryo she's no into boys... Not sure why either :p

Back