Rebuild of Shenmue 3

shenhaZ

Mr. Nagai
Imagine YS Net will rebuild Shenmue III, basically will do the same how CD Project fixed Cyberpunk.

Shenmue 3+ or Shenmue 3 Royal Edition.

Obviously it could include Baisha Village and a new ending.

But what else do you think can be fixed in a timed manner considering the budget constraint?

- Getting rid of the 9 pm curfew, bring it back to 11pm.
- Fixing the cutscenes "fade to black", make them seamless (only a few cutscenes are affected early game).
- I wish they would get rid of the "Tokens" for gambling, but I understand it's for legal reasons.
- Fix the subtitles mistakes, proof read them.

Basic translation fixes. Add in a few pieces of dialogue to make the ending if Shenmue 2 remotely relevant i.e. ask Shenhuas dad why the hell he made giant stone replicas of the mirrors for no reason. The fade to black weirdness in the cut scenes. Introduce NiaoSun by name or make the whole disguise subplot an actual thing and not nonsense. QTEs were atrocious and the battle system move commands made no sense - just random buttons.

- Getting rid of the 9 pm curfew, bring it back to 11pm.
- Fixing the cutscenes "fade to black", make them seamless (only a few cutscenes are affected early game).
- I wish they would get rid of the "Tokens" for gambling, but I understand it's for legal reasons.
The 9M curfew has to be there to ensure there's always time to chat with Shenhua alt night.

The 9M curfew has to be there to ensure there's always time to chat with Shenhua alt night.
And it also makes sense in a rural area, to not have so much to do at night and instead be comfy in your cozy home...

Plenty of other things to fix before that.

I never get why this has been such an issue to anyone. Its obviously a narrative resource for depicting lapse of time and distance during that conversation from the cave to the village. It could had been made other way sure, like making it happen once at Shenhua house or ala GD4 walking the whole distance and talking in real time. But I never understood this as a big annoyance.

Yes.

Fix the QTE timing

100% it’s one area of the game that I will say to my dying breath remains completely broken.

I never get why this has been such an issue to anyone. Its obviously a narrative resource for depicting lapse of time and distance during that conversation from the cave to the village. It could had been made other way sure, like making it happen once at Shenhua house or ala GD4 walking the whole distance and talking in real time. But I never understood this as a big annoyance.

Because it feels abrupt, unpolished and those transitions can be jarring at times. The fact Shenmue 2 did this better with the whole Guilin section just drives this point home.

I may be the only one here that thinks this but the QTE timings were perfectly fine for me. I legit never had a problem with them on PC and only failed them on purpose to see the funny cutscenes.

You have superhuman reflexes then.

I tend to agree, not to repeat my point ad naseum but I refer to an earlier post of mine-

I will defend most elements of Shenmue 3 but QTE’s is one element I can’t defend in good conscious because ultimately it’s broken. I’ve seen countless playthroughs to know I am not alone but most importantly the timing window is not consistent. This isn’t about us aging as players, if we can play QTE arcade and regularly play at ‘Super Expert’ level why are we failing at a single button prompt?

It’s clear as day this was not play tested sufficiently and ultimately it ruins one of my favourite aspects of the original games and turns Ryo into Mr. Bean instead.

Back