Recent Gaming Purchases

Read about this last week and HAD to get it, there is a Silent Hill 1 vinyl but a lot of that is more grinding metal and obscure garish sounds. SH2s OST surprisingly has plenty of somber melodies.

State of Mind is a game I'm unsure about, it seems like a point and clicked venture type game - but with the ability to move the character with the d-pad/analogue stick...that makes a difference to me. But the concept and presentation of its future distopia looks interesting.

Last edited:
No not yet it is on PC right?
Yeah it is. You don't 100% absolutely need to play Trails in the Sky first, but I'd strongly recommend it. The Trails games do all link together to an extent to form one giant story, characters from Trails in the Sky appear in Cold Steel, as well as characters from the two Crossbell games.
If you want to experience the Trails series in order it goes

Trails in the Sky 1, 2, 3
Zero no Kiseki (only available via fan translation)
Ao no Kiseki (ditto)
Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2, 3, 4

Besides just for the story, I'd also recommend the Sky trilogy first simply because it's the greatest JRPG series of all time, and I say this as someone who has played and loved JRPGs all his life. It's just amazing. The characters, the story, the gameplay... You're in for a huge treat, I hope you enjoy it!

Woah, never heard of State of Mind. Good description of a point-and-click with analogue movement. Reminds me of Syberia, but different, darker tone. Far as I can tell it was download only in the US? Figures as much. Also discovered The First Tree last week. Missed out on Limted Run games' printing, though :/

These two are definitely are my next two purchases.

working original xbox console with leads/ controller - £4

mix of 10 ps3 games and just cause 3 (ps4) - all cheap

Recent gatherings:
WhuHyU8.jpg

I said I wouldn't get DMC5... but saw the Steelbook Edition in store and have seen it's becoming limited in availablility + Previous regret in not getting NieR: Automata's Steelbook release kicked in... so I took a plunge on that one :p

I also imported Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornery Trilogy, Never played this series and as soon as I heard of the Physical Edition being able to play in English I jumped on Amazon.jp for one!

Also, Fallout 4GotY... I've been reluctant to get this one as the DLC is on codes but It dropped to an agreeable price... still grumpy about it though

I also got Max Payne 1 & 2 on Xbox, along with The Thing, which all look great on Xbox 360 BC.

Last edited:
Your in for a treat on both PW Trilogy and DMC5. PW rocks, especially the first and third games (2 is slightly less great, but honestly any issues I have with that game go away when you reach the long final trial in that game which is one of the best cases in the entire series). DMC5 is just a fantastic game beginning to end, super stylish and a blast to play. I really need to go back and do higher difficulty runs on it.

Yeah I am actually pretty excited to dive into PW :) I don't generally play Visual Novel type games (Hate the aesthetic, sorry!) But this looks to be very well handled and I'm hoping to look past that.

As for DMC5, I really shouldn't have got it, but that Steelbook Edition is becoming extinct from stores. I was planning to play the series and get it at launch, but when I re-played DMC3 I honestly did not enjoy it much at all. The difficulty was extremely tough until I got a decent evade move with Tricksmaster LV.2 and the story just wasn't as in-depth as I remembered it being. I will continue playing through the series, with DMC1 next, just currently playing Final Fantasy V, and do want to play through the Wolfenstein games as the DLC finally went on sale for the 2nd game! Lots of gaming, so little time! :p

Just bought a Switch (finally!) with Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. But to be honest, most of all I bought it for the new Sega Ages versions of Phantasy Star and Virtua Racing.

I also grabbed Virtua Racing yesterday for the Switch. Its an amazing port. I'll be playing this for ages! Also grabbed the Konami arcade collection (Japanese), Katana Zero and Cuphead all for the Switch. Only played Cuphead so far and I'm beyond impressed by the port.

Also, this arrived:

All the 3DS Sega M2 games in a triple pack, cannot wait to get stuck in.

View attachment 2454
After hearing all the bad vibes regarding Judge Eyes/Judgement's release, I gave in and imported it - Since then it seems that SEGA intend to push the international release though:

I also snagged a copy of Jet Set Radio Future! This is a game I have wanted for YEARS! I had the JSRF & SEGA Rally 2002 combo, but it was heavily scratched, this is in Mint Condition & only £1 at a charity store!
i blame you for sending me on a nostalgia trip.. but i rebought a copy of jsrf so i can complete it 100% this time lol

There's been a few nifty steam sales on this week. So far I've resisted the urge to buy FM19. But haven't had the same luck with resisting the urge to pick up a few fighting games. Guilty Gear X2, and King of fighters...14 I think?

carboot /fea market: all £1each

oddworld stranger's wrath - xbox
dragons lair 3d -xbox
driver - ps3
3 need for speed games - ps3
rayman origins - ps3 ( i liked rayman legends, nearly pulled my hair out on the last level.. eventually giving up)

second hand game shop:
halo 2 - xbox
XIII - xbox

...to be honest, i dont know why i keep buying them. ive got lots of games ive never touched.

Last edited:
Back