Release: Shenmue 2X Hacked Maps (Flashback Scenes, Etc)

shengoro86

Please Kill Me.
Hello.

Here is a pack of map files that have been hacked so you can explore some unexplorable areas of Shenmue 2X.

Maps Included:
The Kowloon Ghost Town - Beginning Area
The Kowloon Ghost Town - Uphill to Dragon Street Entrance
Shenmue 2 Hazuki Dojo
Shenhua's Naming Flashback Scene
Ziming and Xuying's Flashback Scene

Directions:
Throw the wanted map files into the KSH1 SCENE folder
Copy the Save File to the Shenmue 2X Saves Folder on your Xbox

Credits:
Wude created these and gave them to me a long long time ago so I figured I'd preserve them here.

Download (If link goes dead let me know)
https://mega.nz/#!Wc1mVQjD!lXh33ZKB4AVibX_K2dIF5AJHM0t5dD1-JTjvJWpr2fA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it works on Forklift if you port the save file!

Screenshot:
1547316536199.png

Porting:
Open one of the save files, copy everything from 0xE85 thereafter (right after the Xbox US region indicator(?) U2GAn). Then, open a Shenmue 2 PC save file and paste everything to the same place (0xE85). @ner0 pointed out that you don't need to do this for Shenmue 2 Xbox saves, but this method works for Shenmue 2 DC saves :)

idk which save file is supposed to be used for what though

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong... it freezes at the loading screen.

Steps:
1. Extract one of the map files supllied to the folder <Steam-folder>\userdata\steamapps\common\SMLaunch\sm2\mods\scene\04\KSH1
2. Copy the savefile contents from the Xbox version (offset 0xEB5 and onwards) and paste those into a PC file at the same offset;
3. Open game and load the save ("Shenhua's House" in this case)

Doesn't load, freezes here.

Porting:
Open one of the save files, copy everything from 0xEB5 thereafter (right after the Xbox US region indicator(?) U2GAn). Then, open a Shenmue 2 PC save file and paste everything to the same place (0xEB5).

This was the problem for me, not only did it prevent the game from loading, but it seems to be completely unecessary since you can simply use the Xbox save as released by @shengoro86.

EDIT:
@Raymonf: After closer inspection, it does seem that you made an honest mistake when writing down the offset, instead of 0xEB5, it's actually 0xE85 - the part where you say right after the Xbox US region indicator(?) U2GAn is what pointed to the contradiction. But I still don't think it's necessary given that the save files are compatibe, at the most you just need to rename them correctly to match existing ones.

Last edited:
Great find on making this compatible with I & II so easily! Immediately jumped on it and made a video.
The details in the flashback temple area have never been so impressive. Will do the Kowloon road aswell soon.

But I still don't think it's necessary given that the save files are compatibe, at the most you just need to rename them correctly to match existing ones.

Oh, I didn't check. That's the method I used to port DC -> PC but I wasn't sure if Xbox was automatically supported. Good to know, thanks!

Oh, I didn't check. That's the method I used to port DC -> PC but I wasn't sure if Xbox was automatically supported. Good to know, thanks!
Yeah, it seems that way.
As for the DC version of S1, taking into account the information from others, exporting a stripped save using VMU Explorer works flawlessly (for EU saves), for US and JP saves, it needs a small additional tweak: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...ess-around-with-the-save-files.873/post-20721

As for S2, you already explained how DC->PC works.

Finally getting around to having a go at this.

I've dropped the relevant KSH map pack into the correct folder in sm2, but having trouble getting the save state to appear. I assume its not as simple as dropping the game save file into the sm2saves folder on Steam, no? I see @BlueMue got it working.

Edit: ok, bit weird. I completely uninstalled the game and steam, and after reinstalling, a game save 5 has appeared. I assume this is some sort of save data from the steam cloud?

Finally getting around to having a go at this.

I've dropped the relevant KSH map pack into the correct folder in sm2, but having trouble getting the save state to appear. I assume its not as simple as dropping the game save file into the sm2saves folder on Steam, no? I see @BlueMue got it working.

Edit: ok, bit weird. I completely uninstalled the game and steam, and after reinstalling, a game save 5 has appeared. I assume this is some sort of save data from the steam cloud?
Not sure why it didn't work for you the first time around. Ideally the save should be placed in the folder after booting the game but before the load screen. I also had plenty of issues with steam cloud sync overwriting the saves, only on rare occasions did it ask which ones I intended to keep local/steam cloud. It's probable that there is generic information on how to deal correctly with steam sync override.

Thanks bud. I. Redownloading Dewey's Audio anyways so I will give it another try in about 30 minutes. Will try your method of post boot, pre loading screen!

Funnily enough, I loaded the save without the map pack installed (Shenhuas Home) and it just had Ryo floating high above Guilin lol.

Thanks bud. I. Redownloading Dewey's Audio anyways so I will give it another try in about 30 minutes. Will try your method of post boot, pre loading screen!

Funnily enough, I loaded the save without the map pack installed (Shenhuas Home) and it just had Ryo floating high above Guilin lol.
Yeah, the save is hacked with coordinates valid for the map. With the vanilla level, those coordinates don't hit any particularly interesting spot and that's why.

No, it didn't work. The save file isn't recognised, and just says "empty slot".

Was fun while it lasted, but I am not uninstalling/reinstalling steam again. Probably doing something wrong on my end anyways.

Another problem i have with this. I solved the issue above, which in a nutshell is basically steam cloud being a mammoth arsehole, but that's all sorted now.

The issue i have currently is that when i load in the save to Kowloon, Ryo does that thing where he runs, but doesnt move. Its as if he is at an invisible wall. You can inch forward a little at a time by starting/stopping walking or running, but of course i want to move freely. Any ideas how to get around this?

Edit: SOLVED thanks to @LemonHaze . Had to rename the mapinfo bin file.

Back