[Request] Shenmue 3 - disable HUD

Is there any way to disable the HUD? I'd like to take pictures and videos without any interface elements on screen.
Best option for me would be free camera / photo mode, but I guess we're not there yet.

https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...i-demo-guide-using-the-ysnet-debug-menu.2115/

There are two methods to hiding UI elements - the UE4 generic console unlocker utility has assigned the keyboard's DELETE key to this, however there is also a debug option for this within the YsNet debug menu.

You can toggle free camera by pressing T on your keyboard and to return to Ryo, press ~ (tilde key) or ` to activate the UE4 console and type `ToggleDebugCamera` and hit enter.

Perfect, thanks!
Hiding the UI elements by pressing delete works, however opening the console with ~ or activating free camera with T doesn't work for me for some reason. Any idea why?

Edit: It was my keyboard language setting.

Last edited:
I couldn't open the console either. Had to change the keyboard layout to english-us and then it worked with the key above Tab, if I remember correctly (did it with the demo).

Wish there was option on PS4 for this :(

I tested this on PS4 last night with no success, unfortunately. However, feel free to plug in your keyboard if you want to use the PC keyboard control scheme on your PS4 - I couldn't get the mouse to work, though.

I tested this on PS4 last night with no success, unfortunately. However, feel free to plug in your keyboard if you want to use the PC keyboard control scheme on your PS4 - I couldn't get the mouse to work, though.
Wait, you plugged a keyboard on your PS4 and you got inputs working out of Shenmue 3?

Yeah. As I said, it uses the same control scheme as the PC version (with K being enter etc etc).

Back