Resonance of Fate remaster coming next month

https://www.pcgamer.com/resonance-of-fate-4khd-edition-confirmed-for-pc-arriving-next-month/

this game is fucking amazing. if you like rpgs and crave something a bit different then you need this game on your radar.

has one of the most interesting and fun battle systems i have ever seen. yes its got a bit of a learning curve but when it clicked it was amazing and i have never played anything like it.

the world map + hex stuff was so cool and encouraged experimentation with linking towers.

and the customization of weapons was like its own little puzzle game.

Jeez, next month? Talk about last-minute announcements.
Cool though. I played about 20 or 30 hours of it on PS3 last year, I think, and meant to come back to it eventually. Should look nice on PC.

I have it on PS3, it was one of the games I played before I bought a HD TV and it was almost unreadable on my CRT, never beat it though, man that combat system was involved but very deep.

A Physical Edition would have sealed the deal, but I'm not interested in Digital games, I may wait till its under £10 but for now I shall pass.

As for the game itself, I didn't get very far on the PS3 version. The Battle system was way more confusing than it needed to be - I found myself often being left in that fragile state and not able to recover. I'm sure fans will argue the battle system with having depth but I just found it messy.

I also didn't enjoy the grid-based 'world map' especially with random encounters interrupting what was already a chore.

But I did like the concept of the world and was taken by the charm of the characters, I may get back to it with this PS4 release but if it's not on disc I may be waiting a long time.

Back