Road to Platinum Trophy! - Post here if you got it!

After dedicating New Game+ to master Kung Fu and aquire all moves, my third playthrough went for Platinum Trophy.

Herbs were without any doubt the hardest part, devs need credit for making me swear so much! The liberation and accomplishment feeling for getting both Niaowu/Bailu herbs trophy were comparable to defeating Dark Souls Ornstein and Smough bosses!

How about you?

Fishing was the most annoying thing if only for how mind numbingly boring it was although the herbs weren’t too far behind.
I found fishing actually relaxing and enjoyed it, until I unlock the 1000 fishes and I stopped. The worst for me were herbs and gatchas

I found fishing actually relaxing and enjoyed it, until I unlock the 1000 fishes and I stopped. The worst for me were herbs and gatchas
I did the herbs first and hated finding the last few in each area. I told myself that the fishing would be a breeze in comparison, but the sheer volume of fish meant it dragged on for far too long. I think it ended up being about 15-20 hours in the end (18-20 in game days). As annoying as finding all of the herbs was, it didn’t take anywhere near that long.

I did the herbs first and hated finding the last few in each area. I told myself that the fishing would be a breeze in comparison, but the sheer volume of fish meant it dragged on for far too long. I think it ended up being about 15-20 hours in the end (18-20 in game days). As annoying as finding all of the herbs was, it didn’t take anywhere near that long.
The thing I did with the fish was just fishing once per day in the productive ponds while I was doing other stuff, but yes, if you left this to just fish it can be relly annoying. Also I was fishing to buy stuff, but once I had the trophy I used the book exploit

Herbs were by far the hardest personally. You can see in another thread I got the Bailu and Niaowu herb trophies on separate save games so the complete herb trophy didn’t pop (nor did the platinum despite having all the trophies technically), until I played Niaowu a third time on an older saved game (same one I had the Bailu herb trophy on). So getting the Platinum really felt nice after that.

The fishing was time consuming but not hard. Did most of it in the small ‘hidden’ fishing spot in Bailu.

Hardest would have been the herbs for me, as well.

Fishing was long and mundane, but not hard and indeed, relaxing.

Most annoying by far were the capsules; I detest luck-based requirements.

Thank God the final key came (literally) on the 9th capsule I got out of that machine :D

This was an ok platinum; a bit less in difficulty and time than the Yakuza 6 platinum, but significantly longer and harder (that's what she said) than the HD paltinums (just going off the platinums I have gotten in my life).

Just have to find a couple Niaowu herbs and hop into the fishing.

I think a blessing and curse of trophies with this type of game is that, as there's so much to do (blessing), it can be easy to compartmentalize how you play (curse): I'll do x and y on play one, z on play two, actually do z on play three.
If there's an S4, I may try to mix it up through multiple playthroughs to encourage me to play the game as a more organic whole. (To hell with herbs, though; I'll do that as a one and done.)

Thanks! lol As I wrote above a while ago, if not for the capsules, this would be a fairly easy platinum, with only the fishing (length) and herbs (tediousness) providing any sort of issue.

The capsules are purely luck-based and that takes up SO much time (and funds, but thanks to fishing, I was good with that :))

It seems capsules work like this, all but one of them are common. There is one rare one for each set (I did it!).

Maybe the stone buddha set is the exception with 2 rare ones.

Longest one I got I think was the yellow bobber thing.

Back