Rumours of a new Virtua Fighter to be revealed at the Game Awards.

Favourite title
Shenmue
Sega have been sending out letters to Twitch/Youtuber creators of something coming at the game awards

These creators play Fighting games, so I think there is a big chance that it is Virtua Fighter related.

We're also approaching 30 years since it's first release and Sega recently announced that they would be releasing Virtua Fighter 3tb Online arcade machines in Japan.

Last edited:
Sega have been sending out letters to Twitch/Youtuber creators of something coming at the game awards

These creators play Fighting games, so I think there is a big chance that it is Virtua Fighter related.

We're also approaching 30 years since it's first release and Sega recently announced that they would be releasing Virtua Fighter 3tb Online arcade machines in Japan.
If it is then #RyoforVF6 will be on the agenda sooner rather than later

I would love it to be VF6 but recently one of Sammy's chief deemed the series as a low value IP for the company. He didn't in an open bold way but subtle talking about licenses value and NFT gaming. I'll be tuned waiting in the safe-zone that they'll simply get announce for VF3 Online in those Awards.

In another order of things, I wonder if "dude high on coke" will assist there too and reward us with another hiper energic performance. Can't never recall his name but his intense attitude.

If they sent one to Max, it’s gotta be fighting game related. They already did they Tekken costume thing a while back. Honestly, not very many things is could be.

Any more rumors online about this? I hope this is true just because I love VF obviously lol. Also I really want to know who won the 5th tournament and if there will be any potential new fighters. Fingers crossed this happens vf 6 would be amazing to simply put it.

Turns out it was them announcing new games for
Jet Set Radio
Shinobi
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Crazy Taxi

Kinda crazy. Didn't like what I saw of Streets of Rage though. Looked kind of weird.

They said and more though, so who knows, there may still be a Virtua Fighter game on the way.

Turns out it was them announcing new games for
Jet Set Radio
Shinobi
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Crazy Taxi

Kinda crazy. Didn't like what I saw of Streets of Rage though. Looked kind of weird.
It was probably the biggest shocking thing I saw from reading about the game awards. I'm just honestly glad they're doing something with their franchises again. Especially JSR! VF is definitely on their future game list. Now here's hoping for VF 6 and a new Space Channel 5 game.

Seems like something is in the works when it comes to Virtua Fighter, probably a ways off though.

View attachment 19147

Honestly, if really wanna innovate? They should pull their resources and focus on Internet Play. Make some fantastic netcode using roll back that puts Tekken to shame. That's always been the strength of VF. VF leads the way in 3D fighters while Tekken usually copies. The one area I think that SEGA should look into is Netcode. Build some really fantastic netcode and push the online side for the FGC crowd.

In terms of the fighting? I don't know what more they can do really. VF5US was insanely good as was.

Still, I hope we do eventually a VF6. I think with SEGA's new renewed focus on old IPs then there is a good chance.

I am very excited about this. So much could go wrong, but there’s every chance they finally strike the balance between style and substance. That’s how these rumors read to me.

VF is the only fighting game series I’ve played hours of. The others fade quickly, once you get over the supers and special effects. There’s a really satisfying core to VF, like a game of chess. I’m not a high level fighting game expert so this is more of an amateur-level opinion, but VF’s systems make the most sense to me at my level.

Aside from Shenmue I think it’s Yu Suzuki’s most enduring creation, which is a feat considering how poorly most polygonal games from that era have aged.

VF5 is also fantastic, without Ys involved.

Back