Sakura Wars VI is getting help from RGG studio

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
Will this raise your interest now if not before?

Some other highlights:

-Kohei Tanaka soundtrack.
-varied action combat and platforming.
-smooth transition from art style to the graphics.
-Yakuza-inspired choreography in the cutscenes (they actual confirmed staff from the RGG studio are helping in this aspect).
-RGG also helping fleshed out the action RPG combat

Is each title stand alone or is this something I'd have to understand the context of the previous 5 titles (Or more?) to enjoy?

Is each title stand alone or is this something I'd have to understand the context of the previous 5 titles (Or more?) to enjoy?

It's in a similar situation as Yakuza 7.
Soft-reboot with cameos & easter egg fanservice for nostalgia sake.
But plot/gameplay/characters all new. So as a starting point? it's newcomer friendly.

Sega is going to town hard with this game's promotion. Multimedia anime and stage show already announced for 2020!

Anime:

Tidbits:

Shin-Sakura-Wars-Animation-Ann_09-13-19.jpg

Shin Sakura Wars the Animation, a TV anime based on the Project Sakura Wars game, during a stage event at Tokyo Game Show 2019. It will broadcast in 2020.
The anime’s staff includes:
  • Director: Manabu Ono (Sword Art Online: Alicization, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Saki series)
  • Script Director: Manabu Ono / Tatsuhiko Urahata (Hi Score Girl, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, GATE)
  • Music: Kouhei Tanaka
  • Animation: Sanzigen
  • Original Work: Oji Hiroi / Sega Games
  • Cast: Ayane Sakura, Maaya Uchida, Hibiku Yamamura, Ayaka Fukuhara, Saori Hayami, Yohei Azakami, Michie Tomizawa
Sanzigen is also handling the opening movie and animation parts for the Project Sakura Wars game, which is due out for PlayStation 4 on December 12 in Japan, and in spring 2020 in North America and Europe.

Stage show:

Crew and cast:

Collector's Edition:

Music Video PV:

----------------------------

This is old school sega efforts of promotions alrite. Dayum. This series must be important & close to Sega's heart.

Attachments

• 1568902243452.png
    1568902243452.png
    963.6 KB · Views: 0
Yakuza is going be getting me into turn based gameplay because of how unique and action oriented their's will be; Sakura reboot will be getting me into those games with real time battling (now helped by RGG, which is icing on the cake).

Forgot one more promotional run of a serialized comic running in magazines now atm:

lmao, if this pays off for sega it'll bring in a big multimedia revenue stream no doubt.

Can’t wait to play it. And no, you don’t have to have previous exposures to previous games to enjoy each installment. I have all of the previous games on Saturn and Dreamcast and they’re unique RPGs. The fact that RGG studios is contributing it will probably help it even more. 2020 is going to be Sega’s year!

I originally was only planning to throw a +1 and then move on, but the huge waves for SEGA it's making is hard to ignore. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure to see if all the marketing/promotion pays off. It's already getting close to a million view/exposure with every SNS promotions it's released. :eek::oops:o_O

Also forgot to mention Sega running a Sakura wars fanclub pre-registration that nets you free merch/promo goods alongside your pre-orders. ?

Even an exclusive ps4 theme you can redeem not available to the general public.

Last edited:
Back