Saturn Shenhua model was still in place during intro voiceover recording

I'm sure you've all noticed this, but for anyone who hasn't...

During the Japanese MAKING OF SHENMUE documentary, at 46:12, when the prologue voice is being recorded, you can see that the character model for Shenhua is different: much more low-poly, and similar to how it appears in the Saturn Shenmue video. The hair has been upgraded to Dreamcast standard, but the rest looks quite similar.

I post this just in case you didn't notice it... I'm a little obsessed with Saturn Shenmue, so seeing another glimpse of it is always cool.

go to 46:12

go to 3:11

It’s hard to say definitively if that’s the Saturn model as the hair and texture quality is far improved from what we saw of the Saturn footage. We also know models were regularly refined all the time. Still interesting to note, I would kill to see more of that Saturn footage.

It’s hard to say definitively if that’s the Saturn model as the hair and texture quality is far improved from what we saw of the Saturn footage. We also know models were regularly refined all the time. Still interesting to note, I would kill to see more of that Saturn footage.
Same. Saturn Shenmue has been an obsession of mine for years. I still don't even believe it would run as advertised on base hardware. But I'd love to be proven wrong, someday!

Back