Shenhua Conversations in Bailu

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Alright, here's my first big Shenmue III production! All the optional life topics you can talk about with Shenhua in one video.
It's quite hefty as there are so many things to talk about. And it has all the answers you can choose from, of course.

Easily just as much talk as Shenmue II has while walking through Bailu, wich is really impressive considering the constraints.
III really hits the Shenmue nail on the head with this, moreso than with just about anything else it does, in my opinion.

You can see how they were going to implement the affinity system and it was shaping up to really get you sucked into the rich emotional dialogue. During my first playthrough, the Shenhua talks at night were something I really looked forward to as I enjoyed the connection they had. It almost hurt my heart when she becomes suddenly aloof in Niaowu and that basically ended that idea. I would of taken alot of other cuts, but this idea was something I really wanted to see fleshed out more.

You can see how they were going to implement the affinity system and it was shaping up to really get you sucked into the rich emotional dialogue. During my first playthrough, the Shenhua talks at night were something I really looked forward to as I enjoyed the connection they had. It almost hurt my heart when she becomes suddenly aloof in Niaowu and that basically ended that idea. I would of taken alot of other cuts, but this idea was something I really wanted to see fleshed out more.

In Niaowu.. every time Shenhua said "Ryo.. I'm going to go to my room now." in a cold and distant manner I figured I must have done something to make her mad at me.

In Niaowu.. every time Shenhua said "Ryo.. I'm going to go to my room now." in a cold and distant manner I figured I must have done something to make her mad at me.
The affinity system was affected by how much you played face off with her. You had to have at least 10 matches a day. That's why she went to bed early and you only got the odd balcony scene in Niawou.

If only they had a few more scenes like the final one from the video in which she is describing her dream! Sounds like she is describing the flashback scene when Shenhua's parents name her, and harkens back to the Luoyang tapestry from Shenmue 2.

Back