Shenhua is reading a very strange book

Favourite title
Shenmue II
When you go out on the balcony of Hotel Niaowu at night time you can take a peek into the room that Shenhua occupies.
It's right next to Ryo's hotel room. You can see her sleeping or reading a book on the chair right beside the window.
She even turns the page every now and then, which is quite nicely done.

OfC51qZ.jpg

I got a little closer to take a good look at what is actually on the books pages and... it is very strange indeed.
I can't make out any of the written words, given the hand writing, resolution and apparent language but from what I can gather it's something Polish about trigonometry. It's the same thing on all the pages by the way.

Seems extremely random to put this there. What is such a thing in that language doing there and how could Shenhua possibly ever read it? Even beyond the logic in the game itself it is still very odd. I'm really rather interested in the origin of the texture and how it ended up in the game. Maybe someone can at least read this stuff and tell a bit more what it's really about?

wjfINei.jpg

Wow, just wow. Incredible find! I’m guessing they wouldn’t waste time customizing this texture and one of the designers probably just grabbed whatever was available.

Cool find. It makes no sense that she could actually read it so it's probably just a placeholder texture -- knowing players can't get close enough to read it in-game.

I like many players I assume wanted to see if you could interact with Shenhua further after she went to bed. I remembered seeing her from balcony and I loved the fact there was a page turning animation, which I thought was a very Shenmue touch.

cool find. is there only one page?

waruner could be a polish surname?

i could be totally wrong but it kinda looks like a school workbook? game designers have been known to put little personal hidden messages into games for there kids/family members.. i wonder if its something like that?

Last edited:
Warunek is auto detected as Polish on Google translate and means 'Condition'. Apparently...lol...

My initial thought was that this was some piece on Isosceles triangle angles or similar.

Take a look at attached pic. The Statement/Reason bit at the top has same number of points as the right page along with a not too dissimilar look as the OP pic....

Too much of a stretch?????

Screenshot_20200109-012038.jpg

I saw this myself on my first night in Niaowu, however, only ever saw Shenhua sleeping after that. As for what it is, I assumed it was just an Easter egg of some sort, with no actual meaning. Given that there might have been some polish members of the dev team, it was probably one of them that tossed it in there.

Trigonometry is a part of spiritual's explanations, if you put it on another point of view besides maths or CURRENT ACTUAL sciences.
Try it. magic poem.
Besides, they could put it from whatever book's scans.. but I prefer another option ;)

Last edited:
Haha, we all suspected Shenhua had some hidden powers!!!

I hope Ryo asks her about that in the nighttime conversations in the next game.

When you go out on the balcony of Hotel Niaowu at night time you can take a peek into the room that Shenhua occupies.
It's right next to Ryo's hotel room. You can see her sleeping or reading a book on the chair right beside the window.
She even turns the page every now and then, which is quite nicely done.

OfC51qZ.jpg

I got a little closer to take a good look at what is actually on the books pages and... it is very strange indeed.
I can't make out any of the written words, given the hand writing, resolution and apparent language but from what I can gather it's something Polish about trigonometry. It's the same thing on all the pages by the way.

Seems extremely random to put this there. What is such a thing in that language doing there and how could Shenhua possibly ever read it? Even beyond the logic in the game itself it is still very odd. I'm really rather interested in the origin of the texture and how it ended up in the game. Maybe someone can at least read this stuff and tell a bit more what it's really about?

wjfINei.jpg
OMG its a student's math notebook with lesson about triangles, written in my language (Polish)!!! Word Warunek (condition) means that this leason is needed to learn for math exam and pass to the next Class or semester (in elementary School). She is learning to pass Class in School and she isn't good at math (i had same problem when i was in School). The topic is described there also. It looks like Dev team member's child notebook. U blowed my mind dude!!!

Last edited:
Back