Shenhua's Schedule (Bailu and Niaowu)

One of the interesting and unique aspects of Shenmue is the programmed daily routines for every individual NPC. The guy who practices Kung Fu at Village Square. also practices at Man Yuan temple. The guy who fishes at Sunflower Groove eats dinner at Village Square. Im trying to track Shenhua's schedule, specifically in Bailu. When she is not preparing food in the morning, I dont know where she goes. Has anyone seen her around Bailu at 3:30pm? I know at 5:30 pm she milks the goats at her farm.

Do those two fishmonger dudes ever move from that one building in Niaowu? I always see them standing in the same spot.

I have a strong suspicion Shenhua is in the outhouse at 3:30pm. I know for sure she is not at Tenary Spring or town square. I looked inside her house at 3:30pm and Shenhua was nowhere to be found.

I have a strong suspicion Shenhua is in the outhouse at 3:30pm. I know for sure she is not at Tenary Spring or town square. I looked inside her house at 3:30pm and Shenhua was nowhere to be found.
Come-on man... we waited 20 years to finally meet the mysterious girl of our dreams representing the heart and soul of China and the destiny of the twin mirrors.

Now you're saying the reality boils down to Shenhua in a filthy outhouse? Shattered dreams :(

In Niaowu, Shenhua leaves the hotel at 10am. She strolls around the Promenade. Giantbomb posted a playthrough video where Shenhua and Ryo met up in Bailu village square. Pretty sure that wasnt in my playthrough.

Last edited:
Wait. I just had the realization that as she can talk with animals, the rabbits are probably begging for their lives before she slaughters them. You’d expect her to be a vegetarian given then circumstances.
Correction: the animals can to Shenhua , she cant actually talk back. Shenhua explains this to Ryo in one of those fun dialog trees you have with her back at her house.

Do broom girl and Hsu ever have a schedule? Seems they are in the same exact spots day and night.

Back