Shenmue 1/2 Facts and Glitches

This thread is about random facts and/or glitches from the first two Shenmue games, Wether you're playing the Dreamcast versions or the tre-release doesn't matter.

DISCLAIMER:
I did not come up with the whole "facts and glitches you may not know" thing, This is obviously inspired by Matt A.K.A DarkViperAU's videos (To be clear: Im not promoting me or him oranyone in any way) im just crediting him for the popularity of the above quoted template.

i'm just making sure that you know im not promoting, spamming or anything here, I always follow this forum's ToS.

With that out of the way, if you're playing shenmue 1 or 2 and you see something new, interesting, etc, post in here!
that is all

During one of my playthroughs a few years back, towards the end of the 1st game, I noticed the cat sits on top of the Yamanose Shrine. This is nothing unusual, but what was unusual was another cat sitting right next to it. I remember sharing a picture of it on one of the Shenmue Facebook pages at the time and some were accusing me of photoshopping the second cat into the picture :LOL:

A little while ago, I noticed this arrow on (the texture of) the cliff that is by Shenhua's House in II. Has anyone ever seen it before? Was it always there in the Dreamcast original or the Xbox version, or could this have been something accidentally imprinted upon when it was ported for I & II?
FRVSMyGVgAA_BAm.jpg

Attachments

• FRVSMyGVgAA_BAm.jpg
    FRVSMyGVgAA_BAm.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 9
  • FRVSMyJVkAENMIt.jpg
    FRVSMyJVkAENMIt.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
sorry no photos or video but once back in 2007, i was playing QTE title (shenmue 1, disk4 extras?) on the dreamcast and i encountered a really strange glitch. in QTE title the camera angle changed during gameplay but this time, ryo's character model was 2 or 3 times bigger than the arcade machine. it just looked really weird.
- didn't seem to ever happen again.

the only slight glitch i encountered in shenmue 2 was when your meant to follow xiuying hong out of the temple to a location (i think it was her house), anyway she got stuck in front of a NPC on the stairs and neither characters moved. lol

Back