Shenmue 1 & 2 - Japanese Special Editions (digital or physical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw online today that the Japanese Special Editions of Shenmue 1 & 2 would have a digital and physical edition so I naturally wanted to check to make sure I had ordered the physical edition. After a long chat with a helpful Japanese Amazon employee, I established that the two options contained the following;

Audio CD's, poster and digital download code OR Game CD, poster and no audio CD (or download for the audio from what I understand).

Below is a transcript of the conversation with useful links (you might need google translate).

Shaka Brahs!

Hello.
Regarding my recent order.
Does this pack contain the game disc or a digital download code
You are now connected to 窪道 from Amazon.co.jp
窪道:お問い合わせいただきありがとうございます。Amazonカスタマーサービスの窪道でございます。よろしくお願いいたします。
Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.jp.
We are very sorry, but English chat support is available only from 9am to 9pm. Please contact us again during the time period.
Me:最近の注文について
このパックにはゲームディスクまたはデジタルダウンロードコードが含まれていますか
窪道:お調べいたします。
少々お待ちください。
大変おまたせしております。
該当の商品には、「ゲームディスク」「デジタル・ダウンロードコード」が含まれます。
コードに関しましては、商品購入後メールにて送信となります。
Me:ゲームディスクへの注文を変更できますか?
窪道:こちらの窓口でキャンセルを行い、再注文していただく事が可能です。
変更はシステム上できないので、キャンセルをオススメします。
Me:ありがとうございました
窪道:当窓口でキャンセルしますか?
Me:あなたは正しいゲームへのリンクを送ることができますか?
窪道:少々お待ちください
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07G...(See full link)
こちらは「ゲームディスク」のみの商品です
「ポスター」も同梱されていますが、ディスクのみだとそちらの商品になります。
Me:オーディオCD付きゲームディスク
?
窪道:いいえ オーディオCDは含まれません
オーディオCDもご希望ですか?
Me:So the 2 options contain either Digital game download and audio CD or Game Disc with no Audio CD?
したがって、2つのオプションには、デジタルゲームのダウンロードとオーディオCDまたはオーディオCDなしのゲームディスクのいずれかが含まれていますか?
窪道:http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07G...(See full link)
こちらは「ゲームディスク」「ポスター」
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07G4Q9XRF
こちらは「デームディスク」「オーディオCD」「DLコード」
「デームディスク」「オーディオCD」だけの商品は現在ありません。
There are currently no products for "Dem Disk" and "Audio CD" only.
Me:今、私は分かる。ご協力いただきありがとうございます。申し訳ありませんが、私は日本語を話せませんので、私は翻訳するためにgoogleを使用しなければなりませんでした
窪道:とんでもございません
私もgoogle翻訳をしよういたしました。
ご要望に添えてよかったです。
There is no such thing
I also tried google translation.
I was glad that I was able to meet your request.
Thank you for your understanding.
Me:ありがとう、よい一日を。
窪道:それではこのままウィンドウ右上の「チャットを終了」から画面を閉じて、チャットを終了してください。終了後にアンケート画面が表示されますので、よろしくお願いいたします。

THREAD CLOSED SINCE BEING RESOLVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good to know thank you.
I think in the long run i will prolly get both the digital and physical version to support Shenmue at its fullest despite me already pre ordering both physical and digital NA versions of the game.

Offtopic but what the hell is a ''Shaka Brahs''? xD

Hawaii's most well-known hand gesture. It's also known or referred to as the “hang loosesign. Though there is no literal translation of the meaning for the shaka (hello) or brah (bro) in Hawaiian, its most commonly used to convey a greeting or thanks.

I re-edited your post, as I thought the original with the transcript was the purpose of this topic, otherwise you are posting without proof by editing the transcript out that you originally included - it is now in a spoiler box.

Regarding the topic, after translating and reading through the conversation, I think you both just have your wires crossed, and are confused about the product. I very much doubt that the Amazon customer support was a die hard Shenmue fan whom was capable of understanding the product fully that you were trying to get an answer for...and anything that they told you that would be download code, I personally think that they were referring to the amazon pre-order bonus of downloadable wallpaper for phone and PC. If you see the link that they gave you for the version that is just "game cd and poster without audio cd", they literally just linked you the non limited edition, which obviously doesn't come with the audio cd's anyways. When referring to the item with the audio cd's, I just believe that the customer support was confused about the actual contents, and in trying to translate this back to you in Japanese / English it didn't come across correct.

I would say to not worry, unless otherwise stated (which it isn't anywhere on the listing, or from SEGA, or from people like Adam Koralik), the limited edition version contains exactly what you would expect it to, Audio CD's, physical game and poster, and the awesome outer box.

I will leave this topic open for now to allow someone like Switch to double check over the transcript to see, but I feel as though it currently is spreading an incorrect message - through no fault of yourself, just my general opinion after reading the transcript.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit confused. Amazon Japan has 2 separate listings for the special edition. I'm pretty sure the one I ordered had the digital code for the game or at least that how I interpreted it anyway. I want to make sure I get the physical edition.

Some more definitive guidance would be appreciated on this.

After putting the whole transcript through google again, you are probably right. The edition I have pre ordered should be the physical version.

i think you cant order the digital LE on Amazon.
both LE's on Amazon JP are physical versions, its just one official "normal" LE
and the other one is a Amazon exclusive LE which contains the same things as the official LE + a desktop and smartphone wallpaper.

i understood it like that.

Ahh thanks for checking over this topic and transcript Switch, think that pretty much settles it, so will close the topic now as I think this is pretty conclusive! Hope it helped advert the panic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back