Shenmue ~ 2024 ~

Shenmue ~ 2024 ~

__ling_shen_hua_hazuki_ryou_joy_niao_sun_harasaki_nozomi_and_15_more_shenmue_and_2_more_drawn_...jpg

As 2023 comes to a close, the fate of the Shenmue series remains uncertain, leaving Shenmue fans both worried and anxious about its future.

In this blog post, I'll delve into the events that transpired from 2019 to the present regarding Shenmue. I'll touch on SEGA, YS NET,
and Yu Suzuki, providing insights into the developments. Additionally, I'll share my thoughts on what might unfold for the Shenmue series
in 2024 and explore various aspects related to it.

~ Shenmue III and Shenmue The Animation ~

header.jpgshenmue-anime-gets-february-release-date-for-adult-swim-and_cscq.jpg

After an 18-year wait, Shenmue III was finally released in November 2019. in 2023 was the fourth anniversary of the game, it's been
four years, and there's still no confirmation regarding Shenmue IV.

Opinions about the game varied widely: some people embraced the game as a splendid sequel, others acknowledged its flaws but still enjoyed it, while a faction outright despised every aspect of it.

In 2022, Shenmue got an anime adaptation with Yu Suzuki as a Executive Producer.

The adaptation was well-received, but there's been no indication of a second season so far. I hope we can get Shenmue The Animation season 2 someday.

~ Shenmue Merchandise ~

shenmue_statue_sega_pl_1_1800x1800.jpg

Since 2019, there have been numerous Shenmue products released, including the Shenmue III Complete Soundtrack, Shenmue The Animation Original Soundtrack, a Ryo Statue, Shenmue Cologne, a Ryo Hazuki Duck Collectible, and much more.

I'm looking forward to seeing additional Shenmue merchandise in the near future.

~ SEGA ~

1547790-2400x1452-desktop-hd-sega-wallpaper.jpg

At The Game Awards 2023, SEGA announced the revival of several old IPs, such as Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Golden
Axe, and more, though the details on some are still unknown. This marks a new era and energy for SEGA. Speculation arises on whether SEGA
might also consider something for Shenmue, although it remains unclear.

Shenmue is an old SEGA IP, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that SEGA might be contemplating a move with the Shenmue
series once again, and depending on how it's done, it could be wonderful for the Shenmue series.

If SEGA does decide to take action with Shenmue, in my opinion possibilities include Shenmue Zero, Shenmue IV, a remake of Shenmue I & II,
or a different type of Shenmue game, perhaps a beat 'em up for SEGA to test the waters with Shenmue series again.

While it's not entirely far-fetched for SEGA to explore Shenmue again, I'm cautious about getting my hopes up about this. Only time will reveal what
unfolds for the Shenmue series.

~ Yu Suzuki/YS NET ~

24-Air-Twister-jogo.jpg

Yu Suzuki established the YS NET studio in 2008, and the studio remains operational.

Shenmue III hit the shelves in 2019, followed by the release of Air Twister in 2022 on Apple Arcade, and in 2023 on consoles and PC.

As for the future of YS NET, I'm uncertain. However, the fact that the studio is still active is a positive indicator for me, also Yu
Suzuki said he still making games so this is also a wonderful sign to me about the future of YS NET, and it is really important
to continue supporting Yu Suzuki and YS NET.

~ Final Thoughts ~

The future of the Shenmue Series remains uncertain, but the ongoing activity of Yu Suzuki is an encouraging sign, especially considering he has his own studio.

I understand the feelings of tiredness and hopelessness regarding the situation. However, all we can do now is continue supporting Yu Suzuki/YS NET. Personally, i'm committed to supporting him and his studio.

In the credits of Shenmue III, Yu Suzuki expressed his determination to never give up on completing Shenmue, i believe in him and i'm grateful that he wants to continue Shenmue. I share that determination; it's not an impossible dream.

If we don't get any news about Shenmue's future in 2024, I'll be worried, but i still have hope that we will get news about the future of Shenmue in 2024.

I'll be alongside Yu Suzuki on the Shenmue journey, i really believe that someday we will see Shenmue complete.

I wish a happy new year to everyone in the Shenmue Community. Let's hope for positive news about Shenmue in 2024, and always remember to keep your friends and loved ones close. See you all in my next blog post, bye bye. ~ Hikari ~ (Hiki)

New Year.jpg

Thumbnail artwork used at the top of this post is from the amazing @raikou_ff!
(https://x.com/raikou_ff?s=21)​

Back