Shenmue 3: $34.99 on Black Friday @ Best Buy

Yeah that's good. Will sell out quickly!

Need for Speed is $39.99 and that's not out either before it turns into Shenmue bashing elsewhere.

Yeah, it just means Deep Silver is trying to get people to buy the game. I doubt they're doing it at a loss. Time for the Shenmue Dojo to mobilize and buy out every Best Buy in America...

My question is if I have already made my Pre-Order, can I hold out until the date and still get my Steelbook & the BF Price?

I am having a friend get this for me in the USA (I'm from the UK) but I'll see if they can find out ASAP :)

My question is if I have already made my Pre-Order, can I hold out until the date and still get my Steelbook & the BF Price?

I am having a friend get this for me in the USA (I'm from the UK) but I'll see if they can find out ASAP :)

Best Buy requires customers to pick up their orders within 5 days, or they cancel and refund. I don't see a way you'll be able to hold off and still receive the steelbook.

Best Buy requires customers to pick up their orders within 5 days, or they cancel and refund. I don't see a way you'll be able to hold off and still receive the steelbook.

That's annoying, I'm making the order for the Steelbook really but could really do with the discount. But I'm glad you've told me still Thanks :)

Yeah that's good. Will sell out quickly!

Need for Speed is $39.99 and that's not out either before it turns into Shenmue bashing elsewhere.
I still stand shenmue 3 has had awful marketing, but I got to say need for speed makes it look heavenly in contrast. That game has no indication its releasing so soon.

I still stand shenmue 3 has had awful marketing, but I got to say need for speed makes it look heavenly in contrast. That game has no indication its releasing so soon.

It's just about to prove your point, but I quite like the Need for Speed series and I had absolutely no idea there was another one coming out this year.

Lotta people are getting a Shenmue 3 present under the Christmas tree whether they like it or not. I posted this deal on the PS4 deals reddit. I suggest sharing with the bargain hunter freaks on fat wallets, etc. stress it’s a brand new game

I don't know how I feel about a discount so close to release(even be it a temp one), as it will likely hurt day 1/early non pre-order sales., but if nothing else, this should get those on the fence to be early adopters, limiting the chance of them forgetting about it or just going meh/moving on had it happened a year down the road.

My friend just called Best Buy. Apparently if you Pre-order Shenmue III & Pick it up on the day (To get the Steelbook), you'll pay full price but if you Keep hold of your receipt & go back on the Days of Black Friday Deal (Thurs-Saturday 28th-30th) you'll get refunded the difference! :) After all I'm spending on Shenmue III this will certainly help!

Perfect. I live right by a Best Buy so I'll be able to take advantage and get the savings with minimal inconvenience. Plus a Popeyes is in that same plaza so even more incentive so I can grab a chicken sandwich.

Sweet, I anticipated such a deal, or at least was hoping. Not getting the steelbook (decided against it since I'd never use), but definitely hitting up my local Best Buy for a Shen3 sale! Will be my 5th copy; might gift it to a friend.

**Mod Note: Threads Merged**
He says backers are mad at this, well, are we? I'm certainly not. It means the game will sell more and it might attract new fans. I think it's a great move.

Last edited:
Who? Don't promote trash clickbait channels like this. They don't deserve the clicks and signal boosting them just gives them credibility they don't have. Everyone in the Best Buy thread seems perfectly happy with it so not sure why this even deserves another thread.

You're absolutely right, but I still want to know if anyone at all is mad at this or if that's just his presumption?

Hi there! Just a quick note to say that I've merged the Best Buy video thread with the existing Best Buy thread.

I don't think it is a bad move, and it may boost a lot of sales on the US, also is no a pemanent drop down but a Black Friday sale, so I don't see the drama. Also free advertisment for Deep Silver if people talk about it

Back